996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

first mod ... cf middle console with 997 shifter. thanks dbcarbon.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
first mod ... cf middle console with 997 shifter. thanks dbcarbon.

just got my middle console put in and it looks great. waiting for some more pieces to finish out the interior. my dealer tech told me that putting in the 3 dash trim strips will require that the entire dash to be removed --- he says it's a b***** and will take 6 hours. is this true? the rest of the center dash and door shouldn't be difficult he says. also, how much cf is too much and what is your favorite cf peice? anyway my "real" mods are still coming: spi L2, hre c93 wheels in satin black, pss10's; im just waiting on akram to tell me when i can bring my car in to get these put on.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
BlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to behold
looks killer...i got the dash strips as well but my mechanic told me the same thing. Bumperplugs has a unique way of doing it...has to do with melting existing screws to remove the old strips and gluing in the new ones...i wouldnt attempt that i my own, however.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:28 PM
ezeks will become famous soon enough
Looks awesome. I am thinking about a carbon console as well and I think seeing this might have put me over the top to get one.

As for the strips, the dash does have to come apart to get them out unless you do it the way mentioned above. I don't know how many hrs it will take but my indy bileld me 12hrs to take out the entire wood interior and put in the carbon but I know it took them longer than that since I watched about 3hrs of the dash removal in person.... This is something I am glad I just paid to have done and didn't try and tackle on my own.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
TwinT is on a distinguished road
looks awesome, cant see the price for this item on their site.

I guess they only sell a LHD console.

Is the weave as good as the OEM?

Old 12-21-2009, 02:39 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You don't have to take the dash off to do the strips. But that doesn't mean it's easy! There is a write up either on the RL 996 forum or RennTech 996 forum. You end up being a contortionist to get it done.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:02 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
looks great.

get the side bolsters in carbon, they look awesome!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:54 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
thanks joel ... those are some slick pieces. twint the weave is every bit as good as the oem; in the picture the ebrake and the shifter **** have the oem weave and frankly even though they're new from suncoast the clear coat is a little discolored and dull.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Gsxryder415 is on a distinguished road
looks awesome Joel!