996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ebay/ Chicago Motorcars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Racin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant future
Ebay/ Chicago Motorcars

I was just doing some due diligence on a GT2 that I was looking at on Ebay and noticed something strange.

The current high bidder has bid on a dozen or so different cars from Chicago Motorcars in the last week. The high bidder has 72% of his total bids with Chicago Motorcars. Seems suspect to me.

http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=350298 692473&aid=e***r&eu=Yu%2B43DduNAKwdczRXnTSOesjMsoM l2r4glOUmuJkXLw%3D&view=BUYER&ssPageName=PageBidde rProfileViewBids_Buyer_ViewLink

I guess shilling is alive and well on Ebay! Nothing like trying to outbid the owners kid!

Does member have any feedback buying from Chicago Motorcars?

Last edited by bbywu; 01-03-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: removed embedded link to commercial non sponsor
Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Search the name on the forum. I recall some members having problems with them and some previous questionable practices brought to light.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:58 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Search the name on the forum. I recall some members having problems with them and some previous questionable practices brought to light.

+1. Some issues here...so a search...

Old 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
I will never buy a car through eBay's system because people CONSTANTLY shill bid. You see so many re-lists because the shill bids end up winning. The other scam to watch for is using an account to bid against until they find the "reserve" the real bidders are using. Then get rid of that 1st fake account's bids and then have a 2nd account make a magic $5 less bid and get the real bidder to their max.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I've seen it happen too many times.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
docwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to all
The guy I bought my M3 from bought his turbo from them and had some issues. They told him the car was ready, so he flew out there and the car wasn't ready. Then they took awhile to "fix" it. When he got it, turns out they hadn't really done the work properly...

Old 01-03-2010, 01:44 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Do a search for the GT2 they tried selling a while back. I have heard some good and bad with them but when your dealing with used cars it is to be expected your going to run into some issues

Old 01-03-2010, 01:51 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I had problems also, car was not ready and never fixed properly! Run away.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Racin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant future
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I will do a search, my bad.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:14 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racin Jason
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I will do a search, my bad.

Lot of nice cars for sale here on the forum... IF that's what your looking for...

Old 01-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Can't go wrong dealing here. I have been scouring the for sale ads for a couple months now.

The GT2 in Scottsdale interests me but I'm leaning towards a stock one.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:46 PM
myfootsmells is on a distinguished road
turn your evidence into eBay. they are pretty good at dealing with crap like this.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Will do. Too much of this going on on fleabay.