996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pics of my AP roll bar/cage install.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by B.Lasek
Really? I can't imagine those mud flap seats weighing that much.
Surprised me too but look at this thread...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...urbo-list.html

Old 02-06-2010, 06:17 PM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
Are these roll bars functional (tests, track proven, etc.)? I'm not familiar with the install (secure points on the car), but I know that many in the Supra community prefer their cages are welded to the chassis. Some had reported bolted cages were blowing through bottom of the floor.

No doubt there is a "bling" factor though!

Last edited by amw; 02-06-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 PM
dg123 has a spectacular aura aboutdg123 has a spectacular aura about
what kind of roll bar is it??

Old 02-06-2010, 11:08 PM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dg123
what kind of roll bar is it??
It's an Agency Power.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 PM
dg123 has a spectacular aura aboutdg123 has a spectacular aura about
how durable r these?

Old 02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by amw
Are these roll bars functional (tests, track proven, etc.)? I'm not familiar with the install (secure points on the car), but I know that many in the Supra community prefer their cages are welded to the chassis. Some had reported bolted cages were blowing through bottom of the floor.

No doubt there is a "bling" factor though!
I'm sure it's been proven and I hope not to find out. I know it's a close match if not exact replica of the Porsche factory bar that's no longer available. It bolts right up to where your seat belt bolts/mount. A welded in bar would be better as would a full race cage but this is a quick and efficient fix on a budget.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Yes, welding is obviously preferable but that requires mods that cannot be easily undone and carpet cutting as well. Plates have to be welded to backup the sheetmetal when you weld or in the end they will "blow through the bottom" as easily as a poorly bolted in cage too. This bar is bolting to the seat belt bolts and whatnot - those are going to be about the sturdiest points you can use as they are already reinforced for obvious reasons. Is it as good as being welded? Of course not! But in a rollover situation this bar could be what keeps the roof up if it's got support to keep it from folding forward or back which this one appears to have. Porsche likely stopped selling theirs due to a lawsuit - maybe someone smacking their head on it. Certainly bars can make a car MORE dangerous if there's someplace your head might hit it and no way in heck would I ever put someone back there. Pad the thing with SFI rated padding and it would be better just know that SFI padding tests assume a helmet is being used, it will still ring your bell if you hit it - guess how I know! The padding was the difference between a bloody mess and a headache though so DO pad any areas that cuold strike you or a passenger. The bar likely does improve rigidity some since it ties in multiple reinforced points but make sure the mounting bolts stay tight or you could end up tearing up the mounts if it moves.

Honestly this is something I'd consider since no one is going to be sitting in my back seat - it's better than nothing...

Old 02-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Never ever put someone in the back if you have a bar/cage installed. Had a cage in my GT3 but never installed the front section as I drove more on the street (no helmet : ) ) than on the track. In the event of an accident and hitting your head on the bars with padding or without is going to crack open your head!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Well I guess I'll only put people I don't like back there.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:42 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Well I guess I'll only put people I don't like back there.

nice

Old 02-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned
stacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure it's been proven and I hope not to find out. I know it's a close match if not exact replica of the Porsche factory bar that's no longer available. It bolts right up to where your seat belt bolts/mount. A welded in bar would be better as would a full race cage but this is a quick and efficient fix on a budget.
I hope you dont have to either...
Looks sweet.....

Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks, I'm trying to pick out some Recaro's now but I'm tossed up. I may go with the Profi. Any thoughts?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Bucky, I was away to say you need to do something with the big Heavy seats, you lifted them out so you will know exactly what kind of weight they are... sure Dan will sort something for you!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Anyone looking to get a cage, we have 2 silver and 2 black. Once these are gone, price is going up to $1200 fyi...

Bucky you need this look -

Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Bucky you need this look -
[/QUOTE]

This is more like what Jenn will allow me to get

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my AP roll bar/cage install.