996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pics of my AP roll bar/cage install.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:52 PM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
Pics of my AP roll bar/cage install.

My buddy Justin helped me with the install. He was the muscle and well you know the rest. Just kidding Justin,. It took us a couple of hours but we stayed sober and got it done clean. I just have to get the airbag code cleared since we had to unplug the harness under the seat. Enjoy the pics.

Attached Images      
Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
Still fits 2 comfortably , Thanks Dan the bar fit great!

Attached Images    

Last edited by B.Lasek; 02-08-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:08 AM
Bmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant future
Haha fun times. Next time don't strip the bolts....

Old 02-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Where did you get it? Looks like a great safety addition for a little work. Do roll bars have ratings? If so what would the rating be on this one/kind?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by B.Lasek
Still fits 2 comfortably , well at least my kids for the short car ride home from school if neccessary. Thanks Dan the bar fit great!
Haha... nice install. I actually did the Tequipment by myself and it wasn't too bad. Btw, PLEASE do not put anything living back there. One accident and those metal bars are VERY dangerous and can easily cause brain damage

Edwin

Old 02-05-2010, 07:07 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Haha... nice install. I actually did the Tequipment by myself and it wasn't too bad. Btw, PLEASE do not put anything living back there. One accident and those metal bars are VERY dangerous and can easily cause brain damage

Edwin
Agree,
I would not let kids ride back there. In fact I would recommend removing back seats to offset some of the weight of the roll bar.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Haha I can't believe you guys fit back there

Old 02-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Bmw M3 Guy
Haha fun times. Next time don't strip the bolts....
As I was told from a friend who I won't mention "One bolt was already stripped" sound familiar?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:22 AM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Looks good guys. Nothing wrong with alittle extra safety, right?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Nice work man! Love it. The picture of you and Justin in the back is priceless. These roll bars bolt in and fit the same as the Porsche OEM Techequipment which is no longer available by Porsche USA. They are NASA and SCCA approved based upon the design and material. We did design the bar to have removal harness and diagonal bars so if needed, the back seats are accessible and usuable. I would NEVER put someone in the back seat with those 2 bars installed though. The rear seat cushions weigh nothing so why remove them?

The roll bars are instock in silver, flat black, and gloss black here in AZ. We also can do any custom color for an extra $100. View here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...o-p-74008.html

Thanks Bucky!

Old 02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
NASA and SCCA approved for what? Surely not racing. And I can't think of any roll bar that isn't approved for DE or AutoX. I also don't know of any racing sanctions that will allow a 4 point roll bar for racing.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
The rear seat cushions weigh nothing so why remove them?
They (Rear seat) weigh 22 lbs.
The roll bar weighs 47 lbs.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned
stacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to behold
Stripped bolt? How are the threads on the female side?

Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Bmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stacygrk
Stripped bolt? How are the threads on the female side?
It's only the one bolt that holds down the passenger seat. It's the left rail. Not part of the roll bar.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
They (Rear seat) weigh 22 lbs.
The roll bar weighs 47 lbs.
Really? I can't imagine those mud flap seats weighing that much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my AP roll bar/cage install.