996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need a source for Chrome lug bolts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 04:05 PM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
Need a source for Chrome lug bolts?

A stupid question im sure...but where can I get a nice set of chrome lug bolts?

I just purchased a set of wheels (kinesis K58R) with stock size/offset and wondering what would work best with this set up?

If anyone in the NJ/NY area can point me in the right direction...that would be great.

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2003, 04:28 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I purchased mine from Wheel Enhancement.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:30 PM
I just spoke to someone at wheel enhancement and they told me that I can only use a special porsche replacement lug bolt b/c of the way that it embeds into the wheel.

Is that correct or can I assume that that is a bunch of BS?

Old 07-14-2003, 05:15 PM
doncapecod
I believe you can chrome any bolt or buy them from wheel enhancements. Before you use them just take the appropriate size tap and run it over the threads to remove the chrome from them. Then they are ok to use and won't "stretch" the female thread.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:58 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
Ralphe Boothe also sells very nice chrome lugbolts. They do have the required collar/washer.
As I recall, wheel enhancements chromes stock bolts so that is also a good way to go. They told me that they chase the threads before they ship them out, but Don's suggestion is a good one as a double check.

Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2003, 06:59 PM
By the way, the bolts in the photo are from Ralphe Boothe.

Old 07-14-2003, 07:01 PM
I spoke to ralph boothe and he quoted me $240.00! That's pretty expensive for lug bolts!

Oh yeah...I forget...im driving a porsche so I should expect to pay more! <sigh>

Old 07-14-2003, 07:53 PM
doncapecod
I forget what wheel enhancements charges, but it's on an exchange basis so they may be less expensive. Also includes lock bolt as well.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:12 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I've had the WE chrome units and had the chrome come off in sheets with in the first two times I had removed them, also had to remove the chrome from the threads. When I tried to return them they would give the run around for over 4 months until I had to confront Dave personally to have them exchanged or refunded. They have no problems selling you stuff. but if you have a problem with what they have sold you the service sucks. I bought them a die to have the chrome removed from the threads, I got tired of them telling me they can't exchange the bolts because they didn't have a die or it was broken. This went on for over 4 months!

Old 07-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Having purchased numerous bolts for many cars, motorcycles and misc projects, I don't think that $12 each is much at all. I expect to pay for quality and try to support those that make quality parts for our cars.

It is not like they can make and sell a few million a month to take advantage of volume discounts.

Old 07-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
You could just put caps on the stock wheel bolts. Need to replace the locking one with a standard bolt however. This pic is from a UK site but some company in the US must have chrome caps. Jeff

Old 07-15-2003, 02:32 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Bill,

The ones I have came from Ralph also. Your right they are expensive, but they are well made. You won't have any chrome peeling off them. I do not have a locking one though.

Old 07-15-2003, 03:11 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Doug I need those wheels and centers for my cab - they are to die for! HRE's right ?

Old 07-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Ok...I decided to go with the bolts from ralph boothe. Although they are expensive, Im sure i'll be getting a quality product. Last thing I want is to have the chrome plating peeling off.

He was a very nice guy and stands behind his product.

I will post pictures and more details when the wheels are mounted!

Old 07-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Banned
bobc4s is on a distinguished road
Champion Porsche in Florida sells a complete set of chromed Porsche Factory lugs with the Porsche wheel lock 954-946-4020 ask for Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need a source for Chrome lug bolts?