996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A few questions on Navigation systems on 2001 models.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:37 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
A few questions on Navigation systems on 2001 models.

I have the early CD-Rom PCM and I am looking for my options for IPOD integration? I have been looking, but have not found a compatable solution.

My other issue I have is that the only Nav disc I have is for California and I need Colorado. What is the best source for these discs? The system works well and I find it helpful, but I need the other discs. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:12 AM
TweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to behold
I saw some discs on ebay when looking for my 03's CDs. But decided against it since they were mostly way outdated compared to my iphone/garmin.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:54 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
you need the discs for an 01 cant buy em new have to find em used. i searched and built a thread trying to build a collection that i could burn/share and i got noone with 2001 cd's, i got a set of 03 cd's but they dont work.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
you need the discs for an 01 cant buy em new have to find em used. i searched and built a thread trying to build a collection that i could burn/share and i got noone with 2001 cd's, i got a set of 03 cd's but they dont work.
Yea, I think the Navs after 01 used DVDs as opposed to CD-roms.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:17 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
yessum

Old 10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
No, they were still CD based. My 04 is a CD based system. Just newer and MOST.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by tscales
No, they were still CD based. My 04 is a CD based system. Just newer and MOST.
So will a PCM1 disc work in a PCM2?

Old 10-03-2010, 09:44 PM
TweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Don't mean to thread hijack, but I can't send PMs yet...

Hey OS Inspector,

Would you mind sending me a copy of the 03s that you have? I would be willing to pay for your trouble. Just thought it would be fun to play around with. Send me a PM if thats ok..

Thanks.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Can you copy these discs from an original or are the discs copy protected? If they are not in circulation, copying should not be an issue. I would be okay with copies, I just need it to be functional.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:02 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
When i was looking for my CD, someone was kind enough to burn me a copy of thiers, but it did not work in my car. I was able to find an original on either here or renntech. I believe I bought it for $20 or so. If someone wants to give me the way to copy the CD's, i'd be happy to give CD #6.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
When i was looking for my CD, someone was kind enough to burn me a copy of thiers, but it did not work in my car. I was able to find an original on either here or renntech. I believe I bought it for $20 or so. If someone wants to give me the way to copy the CD's, i'd be happy to give CD #6.
Was it the same PCM type(PCM1 or PCM2)?

Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Yup, they were both from the 2001 model year, so PCM1

Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I am actually looking for the Colorado disc. I currently have California and Nevada.