996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Right clutch for the right power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:31 AM
SRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura about
Right clutch for the right power?

I am getting close to replacing the stock clutch. My car doesn't have any mods currently but I am closing a deal on a Fabspeed exhaust (thanks Kevin) which will put the car around 490HP. In the near future, I do want to add perhaps headers and an intake to be over 500HP. Will the stock clutch set up hold that kind of power or should I wait and run the current stock clutch into the ground and then upgrade to a EVOMS Stage I? Appreciate the input!

Old 10-27-2010, 10:08 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
first, i doubt the exhaust will give you that much power and headers and intake are pretty useless, do some search about those on the forum.

With the exhaust, the nice thing is to get a flash and if you bought the exhaust from Kevin at UMW, get the flash from him and ask him about his clutch setup, you will need it with those two mods.

If you need to change the clutch, upgrade now, it isn't much more if not even cheaper so might as well do it once only.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:43 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
the exhaust will give you around 18hp after you upgrade the ecu.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:57 PM
SRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura about
How does Fabby get away with advertising +40hp on an X50 car?

Old 10-27-2010, 06:03 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
Just do your research on exhaust .. BBI has a good one ,or try 911 tuning . anyone can say anything.. 40 hp, never!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Hands down do the Clutch Masters Stage 3. It is easy to engage and drive on the street and will hold the extra power from now and through your modding path. I run it on my 800HP 997TT and it is the most bought clutch from us for Stage 1 and up guys. More info here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/c...5-p-49671.html

Old 10-27-2010, 06:23 PM
You guys have no idea how hard I am trying to resist the mod virus...but to get more power with an ECU flash (once I am off warranty) sounds like the way to go.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The best package to start with on a X50 is an Exhaust, DVs, and Flash. Everyone has done this and there are some great reviews out there. If you go with the right products, you will never redo any of them and can only advance. The X50 is perfect since you have the K24 and better GT2 intercoolers. So down the road you can modify them to 18G and add a 5bar FPR some inexpensive killer power. My packages are here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/i...8&class_9=2335

Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM
if i were you i would save your $.. the stock exhaust on the x50 is good. i had the revo ecu installed when my car was new, never had an issue when i took it in. it's on the conservative side of flashes, but i noticed a big difference. it has a switch so you can change the tune when you use 100 octane gas. if you're going to spend more then 3k for an exhaust i would get ahold of a 911 tuning. to me it looks the same as a bbi with out the price tag.. just my ten cents... but your exhaust is good for up to-700 hp if there are any typos excuse me just had my tonsils taken out and all jacked up on pain killesr

Old 10-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor
The stock exhaust is NOT good. Its the most restrictive part on that car and a 700HP car would be extremely choked up.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 PM
i do agree, but just changing the exhaust is not going to make a big deal. it will sound good, but i would do the flash, exhaust, and then the turbos. After all that I would change the intercoolers and call it a day... good reliable upgrade..

Old 10-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Former Vendor
The exhaust will add about 15-20WHP. I agree and would do the Flash and DVs first. DV's are a must as the factory ones bleed off boost. But if you do a flash, you better do an exhaust or you will not be achieving the power capability of the flash. The exhaust will restrict about .1bar of boost from the back pressure.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 PM
i had the DV changed when i did the flash.. i have a agency exhaust i will sell for 1700. its a good back up/ starter exhaust . the DV will not last more then 25k just so you know.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I have a Fab Maxflow (used) and my DV's are arriving tomorrow. Flash will have to wait...quite concerned about the warranty and don't want to lose that...16 months left. I gotta go do some research as to what 5 bar FPR does, what the heck does 18g or 20g mean...brand new to turbo P-cars. Came from the air cooled side.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:25 PM
good luck and have fun. you started this tread for a clutch. if your clutch is fine i don't think these upgrades will effect it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Right clutch for the right power?