996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dension 500 install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boltnbrew
My apologies A- I was responding to you but appear to have missed the question. In any event, I'm not clear at to your question- do you want the ipod in the cabin or the trunk? If cabin, I don't know how you can go wireless can you? If trunk, you can keep the CDC. Again, Happy New Year!
No Probs.

My overiding design mandate was to NOT penetrate any grommets and waterproofing between cabin and trunk.

If you accept this first, then you have two options:

Everything in the trunk
Everything in the cabin

My second mandate is "since I will use and iphone and/or other devices that will be plugged in and out, I need access to the connections. This means connecotrs in the console or glovebox.

One reality then follows:

The Dension and all connectors must be in the cabin.

So finally this (evidently, there is almost zero posted about this) means that you need to remove the CDC and put in an optical loop to bypass where the CDC **WAS** and then install the Dension AS IF the car was an "no CDC car" except you can skip the "need to have it PWIS programmed"

Dept: If you don;t have a CDC it is easy. If you don't have MOST it is MUCH easier (no need for this $400 widget)

A

PS Happy new year as well. Enough football yet?

Old 01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ard

Dept: If you don;t have a CDC it is easy. If you don't have MOST it is MUCH easier (no need for this $400 widget)

A

How do you hook an ipod up to the pcm if you don't have MOST or a changer? I haven't found this solution yet.

Here's a shot of my amp and NAV unit. I'm assuming this is a non BOSE non MOST system based on what I've read.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:50 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
How do you hook an ipod up to the pcm if you don't have MOST or a changer? I haven't found this solution yet.

Here's a shot of my amp and NAV unit. I'm assuming this is a non BOSE non MOST system based on what I've read.
Sorry, I don't know.

Although my impression is that it is MUCH easier than the MOST stuff.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95

You have a MOST system. See the two orange lines on the far right. That is the MOST plastic fiber. The dension plugs in after the amp.
I left all my stuff in the front boot and I am using a 32 gig flash drive. Cheap and nothing to break. Works great.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:10 PM
ard
Originally Posted by function12
You have a MOST system. See the two orange lines on the far right. That is the MOST plastic fiber. The dension plugs in after the amp.
I left all my stuff in the front boot and I am using a 32 gig flash drive. Cheap and nothing to break. Works great.
Sorry Dept, missed the picture- you do indeed have MOST fiber optics.

Contact Eric at bumperplugs and he can tell you what you'll need, but the dension 500 should work on that.

Without a CD changer, you can put the unit there, or behind/under the head unit. You might need to have the dealer 'enable the CD changer' on the car, so that it will be able to select the Dension when you push the CDC button.

A

Old 01-14-2011, 05:00 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I ended up putting the latest greatest whammy jammy excelon unit from kenwood in. Pretty cool. Nav, Ipod, Usb, BT, Sirrius Sat, Reverse camera... Not much this thing doesn't do. Don't totally love the volume controls but overall very happy.