996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

HR or Bilstein pss10 or KW coilovers???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Nikkolaki is on a distinguished road
HR or Bilstein pss10 or KW coilovers???

is there a huge difference in performance?

Last edited by Nikkolaki; 01-19-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:30 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the same boat....I can't decide between PSS and KW....I would hate to spend 4k for a PSS10 and then find that it's too soft like some say.
The thing is that the market is 100% filled by Bilsteins here, and I haven't found a single shop that's familiar with Kw's....

Old 12-23-2010, 11:33 AM
av2
av2 is infamous around these parts
The PSS9s are great for street use and occasional track days, but the biggest issue is the ride height for the fronts do not go "as low" as some other systems. I have experience with KW V3 on a Supra, and it's a great quality system as well

Old 12-23-2010, 11:35 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
KW V3 hands down. Great adjustment range for these cars.

Then depending on needs (more grip/track/better tires) you can just custom order springs for them from Swift Springs, harder, softer, different support springs or whatever you may like. Of course you can do that for the others too but the shock is the main component imo.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Oh + make sure to get 2 way (KW V3 is), that way you can dial in comfortable compression setting without having to have the nose of the car bounce into the air like PSS9 does. PSS9 is either too hard, or out of control, since you can't adjust compression and rebound separately. (PS Whoever designed the PSS9 for 996TT never visited LA).

Old 12-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Oh + make sure to get 2 way (KW V3 is), that way you can dial in comfortable compression setting without having to have the nose of the car bounce into the air like PSS9 does. PSS9 is either too hard, or out of control, since you can't adjust compression and rebound separately. (PS Whoever designed the PSS9 for 996TT never visited LA).
i doubt they took that into consideration

Pss10's are great for the street and I am sure they are fine for light track days as well. and they arent 4k they are sub 3k

Old 12-23-2010, 01:19 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Pss10's blow compared to kw, kw all the way

Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Great to know, if tracked more than street driven how would X73 package compare to KW 3's, anybody have experience?

Old 12-23-2010, 05:09 PM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
I was in the same boat and decided to go with the KW's after tons of research in the archives. I am very happy with the end result. The ride is a bit more firm than stock but very compliant - the best I have ever experienced with a lowered car. In every car I have lowered my wife complains about the ride. She has not complained about this one although she did ask if I lowered it - now that is saying something! If I have to buy suspension for any other car I am going with the KW's hands down. If cost is not a factor then I would not hesitate to get them.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:32 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
I went with KW V3s and am very happy with them. The car handles great specially with the supporting suspension mods. If you are thinking about tracking you might want to consider the kw club sport. I love the V3s and are night and day improvement over stock, But I now wish I would have gone with the club sports.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 PM
RickyN F355 will become famous soon enoughRickyN F355 will become famous soon enough
ive got the PSS10s and theyve been great on the street...

Old 12-24-2010, 06:29 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Kw's will be superior to the pss9 out off the box in many ways. Don't forget the kw also come with upper mounts front and rear, so you actually get more things for the extra money.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:26 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
On my install absolutely no noise. Not a clunk, rattle, rumble, nothing even on bumpy two lane black top back roads. Perfectly solid bliss.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
We offer H&R, Bilstein & KW but almost always sell KW over the other brands. The valving provides more feedback than the others.

Let me know if you have any questions - Sam@AutoTalent.com

We are the largest KW distributor for the last 4-5 years & have been offering their products for over 10 years now

Old 12-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Nikkolaki
i think i will go wit KW V3...wonder if club sport are worth the cost???

are these upper mounts noisey at all?
Food for thought -

Variant 3 includes lifetime warranty to the original purchaser

Clubsport includes top mounts and most of the time - linear springs. Clubsport is considered a race product so there is no warranty. KW suggests to have the shocks examined / tested every year which costs about $500 for basic maintainence. If there are additional parts needed then it could be more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HR or Bilstein pss10 or KW coilovers???