996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K-sport coilover ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
...and if they don't work, you're only out a G-note...
and the cost of the original Ksport installation, alignment, removal, installation of different suspension and another alignment........

Old 02-26-2011, 03:50 PM
007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by johnselli
and the cost of the original Ksport installation, alignment, removal, installation of different suspension and another alignment........
Who is to say I won't have to go through this with more expensive coilovers?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:31 AM
Kevganzon is infamous around these parts
We still haven't heard a single reply or ANY feedback about these coil overs from any of the members who've claimed they have bought them here. Must be so bad they didn't want to say...

Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by Kevganzon
We still haven't heard a single reply or ANY feedback about these coil overs from any of the members who've claimed they have bought them here. Must be so bad they didn't want to say...
Made in Taiwan. Any questions?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
a lot of guys use these for drifting right? total JDM styleI would guess...

Old 05-31-2011, 12:25 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
I was also wondering about the Ksports and found a couple links on them.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-toe-arms.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ee-needed.html

Old 05-31-2011, 01:05 PM
007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of
I am going to order these. I think for what I want which is just street driving and a lower ride height these will be sufficent.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:30 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
Originally Posted by 007-911
I am going to order these. I think for what I want which is just street driving and a lower ride height these will be sufficent.
I don't track my car as well. Let me know how it goes as the suspension is what I will do next.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Kevganzon is infamous around these parts
everyone who said they ordered them and were just about to let us know never give any feedback.

Its always..."Ok i'm about to install them and i'll let you guys know.."

Thats always the last we ever hear of their experience. Hahahahaha!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Yeah but that's with everything here not just these coilovers!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:15 PM
everyone who said they ordered them and were just about to let us know never give any feedback.

I asked Wicked 996 about his experience with Ksport and he said he had them for about a year now with no problems and are great for street driving. Check out this link on the 4th page. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-needed-4.html

Old 06-02-2011, 03:53 PM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
So I help install these coilovers on my friend's 2000 996 C2.....they are really good. Prob just as good as my PSS9's.

The stiffness was set at half and the spring and shock was set at 0 (where the perch is just tight enough to lock the spring, but not tightening the spring).

They are smooth on the streets at half stiffness...dont know how they'd perform on the track, but for everyday driving i'd save the money from Motons etc and just buy these.

Again dont know bout the longetivity.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:20 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I have no doubt that these coilovers are okay, but the question is would you consider them a step up from stock suspension? If you want adjustable ride height for cheap get adjustable spring perches. But adjustable ride height isn't an upgrade if the quality of handling goes down. If you want lowered/non-adjustable ride height without worrying about blowing shocks what about an aftermarket shock spring combo?
Let's for the sake of argument acknowledge that the Ksport shocks have improved and don't blow early due to the improved design. I want to see how these shocks do on a shock dyno compared to at least stock. And preferrably compared against Bilstein, KW and JICs.

Remember some people think that the best thing they ever did was put lowering springs on stock shocks! Some people have never done any track driving or don't know what a good suspension is supposed to handle like. Some people don't know anything about shocks but spew out the lingo and regurgitate what other people say without knowing what they are talking about. And some people listen to them like sheep without any thought or investigation. I don't think anyone will find Ksport to be the best suspension out there. But I do think that many people here would reject them due to their cost and brainwashing on the internet before they would reject them due to actual experiences. Everyone has a friend of a friend who has a cousin that once had heard that the Ksport stuff is garbage. I have a friend that knows somebody who was struck by lightening too, but I don't wear rubber pants everywhere I go. What are the facts? Where is the data? I have read more people being scared out of them than people who have actually tried them. I think a vendor needs to step up and setup two cars. One with a popular brand coilover and the other with a set of Ksports and let people drive both without knowing which one is which. Let them make a personal decision based on their own driving experience. Then do a shock dyno comparison.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 AM
mikble911 is infamous around these partsmikble911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VAGscum
Remember some people think that the best thing they ever did was put lowering springs on stock shocks!
What's wrong with putting a set of lowering springs on stock shocks so long as you also do an alignment if all you are looking to do is to lower the stance of the car a bit? Will that upset the handling or something? (excuse me if this is a dumb question but I'm still a relative noob around here trying to learn things!)

Last edited by mikble911; 06-05-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Banned
mmm635 is infamous around these partsmmm635 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnselli
Made in Taiwan. Any questions?
Wow...you need to do some research in manufacturing before making statements like this.

Originally Posted by 007-911
You will not be disappointed with these coilovers - performance and build quality.

I cannot speak for others, but I have multiple projects going on and do not have much time to post an essay of my install - the coilover installation was minimal in comparison to all of the other work I did on the car. That said...it will be coming very soon and I have many pictures of the install as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K-sport coilover ?