996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

500Awhp?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
ttboost,

Interesting... so there might be a chance to show a before and after on the inlet pipe installation on the same dyno with with your 18Gs?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:25 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Almo
What boost level are you tuned at?
1.3bar

Originally Posted by 2muchtime
how is your car since your turbo inlet pipes? finished? dyno'd yet

Nope not yet. Removed and sent my injectors out Friday to be upgraded. Waiting for those, then dyno on EPL's dyno again.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:26 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
1.3bar

Nope not yet. Removed and sent my injectors out Friday to be upgraded. Waiting for those, then dyno on EPL's dyno again.
looking forward to seeing the results

Old 03-15-2011, 07:29 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
ttboost,

Interesting... so there might be a chance to show a before and after on the inlet pipe installation on the same dyno with with your 18Gs?

Yes and no. I didn't baseline before I did the piping and IC's, but I haven't made any changes to the car and it's very consistant. Whatever I make on the dyno next will be the piping and IC improvement. My expectations are low, but I would think a 25-35whp improvement? I do plan to turn the boost up also. My wastegates are just about maxxed. I think we can get 1.5 bar out of them before I need to upgrade those to get more boost.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ttboost
Yes and no. I didn't baseline before I did the piping and IC's, but I haven't made any changes to the car and it's very consistant. Whatever I make on the dyno next will be the piping and IC improvement. My expectations are low, but I would think a 25-35whp improvement? I do plan to turn the boost up also. My wastegates are just about maxxed. I think we can get 1.5 bar out of them before I need to upgrade those to get more boost.

Can't wait to see the results considering it is still cool in our area and with more air (cooler at that) being moved in addition from a 1.3 to 1.4 jump and you should see 20 to 30 more to the wheels just on the boost jump alone. I would think your numbers should be more in line with 50-60whp on a Mustang Dyno after all is said and done.

Which month did you get your initial dyno done?

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 AM

Can't wait to see the results considering it is still cool in our area and with more air (cooler at that) being moved in addition from a 1.3 to 1.4 jump and you should see 20 to 30 more to the wheels just on the boost jump alone. I would think your numbers should be more in line with 50-60whp on a Mustang Dyno after all is said and done.

Which month did you get your initial dyno done?

Cheers,
Allen
Not sure, have to check. We have a lot of dyno time on my car at many times during the year. I'll post results when we get them.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atisvt99
We gonna end up towing both our cars up there...
sounds like a road trip I may like to be a part of also

As for the OP's topic: I have a AWE/TPC tune and TPC sport tuned exhaust from the previous owner, the car was maintained at TPC and I don't know every detail they had done but I know the car was maticulously cared for...for starters, I know they did a built gearbox with cup car clutch, light flywheel and related parts...I asked Mike L. how the car ran and he said it made 500 (actually 498) on their dyno...the car is an '02 X50 996tt