996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Do not wash !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 09:44 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
Crystalguard is shiny, shiny, shiny.

Old 07-19-2003, 11:05 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Do Not Wash Sign

My DO NOT WASH sign that Don posted is a Powerpoint file. If you'd like a copy, email me at

TTCarrera@comcast. net

I printed 2 of them on glossy photo paper, then laminated them. I keep them in the trunk, with the spare wheel .... anytime the car goes in for service, I put one on the front dash and one in the rear window ..... makes it hard for anyone to miss.

The signs seem kind of extreme. But many years ago in Boston I had a midnight blue 911SC & took it in for service. I asked them not to wash it ..... when it came back with deep swirl marks everywhere they said .... "We thought you were kidding about not washing it ..... who wouldn't want a free car wash? .......... so we cleaned it up for you."

The signs are kind of embarrassing sometimes because it labels me as a paranoid ......... but I don't take any chances any more.