996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DAS Roll Bar fitment issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 03:03 PM
rossignol24 will become famous soon enoughrossignol24 will become famous soon enough
DAS Roll Bar fitment issue

I purchased a new DAS roll bar from DAS a couple weeks ago. I tried fitting it last nite but the rear flanges that bolt to the rear strut tower aren't wide enough... The flanges rub against middle electronic board so the flange can't sit perfectly on top. I measured around the flange to the strut tower and the angle is right but just not wide enough.. Have any of you guys ran into this proble? I don't think it be any different because it's a gt2..

Old 06-28-2011, 03:07 PM
rossignol24 will become famous soon enoughrossignol24 will become famous soon enough
DAS isn't getting back to me for some reason, It's either cut little part of the flange on each side or notch out the metal board where it sits. But it's bolt in idk why I'm having this problem

Old 06-28-2011, 03:20 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
It has been a couple of years since i have installed a das bar, but have you tried removing the two nuts to the metal plate and pulling it up out of the way, drop the bar in place and get that installed, then install the metal plate back in place last?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:23 PM
That's definitely an option I just didn't want to mess with that metal plate.. dumb question but what does it hold.. stereo equipment

Old 06-28-2011, 04:48 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
The plate holds the engine ECU on the passenger side.

I had the same issue, and just removed the plate and sliced off the corner with tin snips.

Jon

Old 06-28-2011, 05:59 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
It has been a couple of years since i have installed a das bar, but have you tried removing the two nuts to the metal plate and pulling it up out of the way, drop the bar in place and get that installed, then install the metal plate back in place last?
+1 Thats how you do it...

Old 06-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys! I just finished.. I ended up just slipping the flange underneath the metal plate and putting all the screws back in other than the one on each side because plate was elevated.. It's rigid enough it's not going anywhere