996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 GT2 deal of the century

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
996 GT2 deal of the century

Not sure about how serious the accident was, supposedly just rear bumper, but still, a 7-8k mile 996 GT2 for $63k. Pretty good deal. I looked at this car, but the accident scared me away: A fellow 6speeder just bought it, getting a ppi done tomorrow morning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item20bd20cb4a

Old 09-30-2011, 05:49 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
Too bad about the accident.
This car was for sale on this site for a long time and was considering it as one of the options but the asking price was too high for me at that time.
good luck with the PPI, if it's indeed not that serious it really sounds like a steal.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:57 PM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
We will see how PPI goes tomorow
I really need this GT2 to keep my spirits up in lue of my back injury.

Hopefully all the mods I'm planing on it would be done by March and my back will be recovered by then so I will have something to hold me through a long witer nights if I'm in pain

Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM
LCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to beholdLCatGA is a splendid one to behold
Would really uppreciate advices on the mods - especialy suspension.

Need to do it smartly (best bang for a buck) if my medical expences will be out of control

Old 09-30-2011, 06:35 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Very nice GT2,looks sharp,very nit.Good luck tomorrow with the ppi.

If you keep her and want mods talk to Mark at Markski@911 tunning,he knows all about 996 GT2 and tt .Very honest person and very soporting also.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:54 PM
02bpdz06 is on a distinguished road
Definitely a great price! I was following it too. But, even if the PPI checked out my concern was resale. Good luck to the fellow 6speeder buyer!!!

Old 10-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
That sounds like a great deal to me, best wishes with the PPI!

Old 10-01-2011, 03:21 PM
well - if it sounds too good to be true

Car had about $15K repair work done to it as a result of an accident - seller disclosed me a different acciden with rear bumper
this is a 4th GT2 I try to make a deal on and something goes wrong

I'm seriosly questioning "normalnes" of the GT2 owners at this point

Maybe I should stick to AMGs

Old 10-01-2011, 03:34 PM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
^ sucks bro sorry to hear it !

im sure the right one will come along ...

Old 10-01-2011, 03:57 PM
4 offers accepted, in 2 cases deposits payed and still ((((((((((((((((((

I'm really furious

Old 10-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Ajs76 will become famous soon enough
wow...sorry to hear that didn't work out. Was this the GT2 that manheim labeled as "Frame damage" but the seller was trying to convince everyone (unsuccessfully) that it was because the car was lowered?

Old 10-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LCatGA
well - if it sounds too good to be true

Car had about $15K repair work done to it as a result of an accident - seller disclosed me a different acciden with rear bumper
this is a 4th GT2 I try to make a deal on and something goes wrong

I'm seriosly questioning "normalnes" of the GT2 owners at this point

Maybe I should stick to AMGs
I have the PPI for the silver one being sold by Auto Dismantlers. Car was solid mechanically, but needed a few interior carbon items replaced and the steering wheel. It is a Euro spec car. Pm me your email and I can send you the PPI if you wish. Last price I had for the car was 68.5. There is also a very nice yellow one for sale in Texas.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Its not hard to find a nice gt2.. one just has to know where to look...
Usually GT2 owners are not going to give it away for a steal either...
Its doble just can't rely on Ebay..

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-01-2011, 05:58 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
Totally agree with Markski.
There are quite a few for sale on Autotrader.
One of them was built by GMG and although the asking price is very high, I'm sure you can get it for a lot less.
You will also get a car that's ready to go. The ad says $60k in mods including Moton suspension so you dont have to worry about modding.
My car was also built bt GMG and they were very helpful with answering questions.
Another one for sale at Suncoast who is a board sponsor on here. I'm sure they'll be happy to assist too

And of course, the classifies section has a few beasts for sale:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t1000-gt2.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-2002-gt2.html

So, just need to decide on a budget, and choose from what's available.
Obviously, none of these cars will go for low 60's

Old 10-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Can't find GMG car on autotrader

Johns Evoms gt1000 gt2 sounds good if he will be willing to sell it
This is a car I originaly wanted

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT2 deal of the century