996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Desperately need help - mechanic can't solve this problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 AM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Be sure you have good gas and check the fuel pressure just to be sure. My friend just had a new fuel pump die on him in one day of use.

I'm really thinking you have an electrical issue somewhere like a connector not making good contact.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:35 PM
SAVED4IT will become famous soon enough
What sorts of gremlins can a low battery cause?

Old 11-24-2011, 05:48 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Low battery or a bad alternator can cause a lot of problems that are voltage dependant. Many sensors work off voltage and changes of state. When you get crazy lights on your dash, like all the lights blinking...usually a sign of a bad alternator or a low battery...

Old 11-27-2011, 05:09 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
This sounds very much like my car when it was having issues. It turned out to be the ecu. A voltage spike from either a battery charger or the alternator could have fried the ecu. My car would start sometimes and run fine and others it would idle horribly and then no throttle response at all. Eventually it would go into limp mode. We checked many things and did replace the maf and go back to a paper filter but for me the ecu was the problem. We also replaced the throttle body as we were getting a code pertaining to that. In the end it was part of the ecu that controlled the throttle signal to the throttle body and also where the traction control and psm functions in the ecu were located. New ecu and reflash and the car runs like a champ. I hope your issue is cheaper than this. Good luck!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:23 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Hey there, we haven't met but I'm sure we will soon. The best tech in town is Steve over at Drivers Source (Memorial Dr). He and I went through many small issues like this when I was building my tiptronic. He will be your best bet in town to finding the problems. Good luck.