996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gbox banned?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Gbox banned?

I may need a new tranny, and know someone who had Gbox build theirs w/ good results.

However I notice that their rep was banned from 6 speed, which usually means they did something shady.

Chad has suggested someone, and he is about as knowledgeable as anyone about our cars, but I am curious as to what happened w/ G box and how much they charge for a rebuilt/strengthened tranny.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
If you take away your sponsorship from any IB forum, and any forum for the most part; they ban the username. It's just to stop them for advertising still.

Now I could be wrong and they did do something shady, but I talked to Chad a few weeks ago and everything seemed fine over there.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Actually not...they are usually just shown as a former vendor...I can't find any account that was banned under gbox...what was the exact username

Old 11-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Chuck my friend, I think you compete with me on the most time spent on a computer!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family!!!

-Chris

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Actually not...they are usually just shown as a former vendor...I can't find any account that was banned under gbox...what was the exact username

Old 11-24-2011, 06:24 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
I had questions to GBox re their 2nd gear pop out detent, and they called back and recommended I should replace my entire gearbox and buy a new one for 7-8000 USD (even after I told my box was just rebuilt with new custom gear ratios, I had brand new 1,2,5,6 gears, new dogrings and steel synchros, new pinion bearing, gears 3-4 had only 900 miles in total. I obviously didn't take their advice, and they didn't sell me the 2nd gear popout detent, I went with California Motorsports 2nd gear popout solution which they happily shared how it worked and why it would take care of the popout. With a background in mechanical engineering the CMS solution makes very good sense and GBox's recommendations made no sense.

Last edited by MrWhite; 11-24-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
thanks Chris..same to you and your family...as far as time spent you are probably right...curse of mobile devices

Old 11-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Chuck.....

Happy T Day!

Old 11-24-2011, 09:51 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=42934

Eric@gbox?

OP- Matt at GTgears seems to be knowledgeable...

A

PS Fighting that tryptophan coma....

Old 11-24-2011, 10:05 PM
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=42934

Thats it.

For the coma, marinate the Turkey in Red Bull

Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Administrator
thanks for the wishes Jitsu...hope you and your family had a great day...thanks for the info ard...now I can take a look and see what happened to the guy

Old 11-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Administrator
he wasn't banned for anything untoward so you can feel free to give him some business if you wish...he should have been shown as a former vendor not as banned...it's been fixed...thanks guys

Old 11-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Administrator
I believe that policy has changed Tony...at least it should have and it has been changed around here...btw, we never delete anything we only remove it from view....if the other IB site follows the same guidelines your pictures should have been recoverable....sorry you were treated so poorly...even though you were no longer a vendor you had supported the site for a time and that should have been respected