996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Picked up my car from Cary Eisehlohr yesterday...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:48 PM
john stephanus is on a distinguished road
Picked up my car from Cary Eisenlohr yesterday...

Will write a more thorough report tomorrow.

However...here are some first impressions: the car is amazing. This is what Porsche should build as the turbo! It is very stable, yet it points into corners extremely well. Gone is the gooey sensation from all the rubber...you can feel what the car is doing without getting beat up from the road. No trammeling...sort of amazing with 2 degrees negative camber!!

What did we do (addition to the Moton, ERP setup already on the car):

1) Installed RSR front crossmember and rear carriers.
2) Increased the rear spring rate to 900 lb.
3) Installed GT-3 type front control arms with mono-*****.
4) Did a proper alignment including bump steering the whole thing.

I think this finally completes the transformation of the chassis end of things...you can read Cary's thoughts on it on his thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight=eisenlohr

I picked up the car from Cary Saturday morning and my fiance and I drove it from LA to Seattle Saturday and Sunday. So...my experience with the car is very limited...getting with it a little on I-5. However, the car is so benign and competent really you are only going to find things out completely at a track.

Cheers,

Last edited by john stephanus; 05-17-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Sorry for the misspelling Cary...site will not let me edit the intro...

Old 05-16-2005, 11:56 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
That's one car that I'm lusting after. I don't, normally, envy others but I can't help but feel jealous John.

I'd love to do what you've done to your turbo but I have a feeling I'm not keeping this one for long. Congratulations on the upgrades and hope you enjoy it.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:02 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Re: Picked up my car from Cary Eisenlohr yesterday...

Originally posted by john stephanus
What did we do (addition to the Moton, ERP setup already on the car):

1) Installed RSR front crossmember and rear carriers.
2) Increased the rear spring rate to 900 lb.
3) Installed GT-3 type front control arms with mono-*****.
4) Did a proper alignment including bump steering the whole thing.
John, can't wait to read your report!

Can you detail the problem/solution for each of the items?

This should be very interesting. Hope Cary chimes in too.

Old 05-17-2005, 06:01 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Love to hear more as you deixcover John. Sounds awesome!

Old 05-17-2005, 08:39 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
John,

From what you described, you are getting alot closer to KA's set up.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:23 PM
Guys...

Sorry to have not gotten a follow up written today. Damn busy right now with business. Hate it when the career gets in the way of the toys!!

Anyway, I will try to get something written tomorrow or the next day...along with relevant pics. I will just add that working with Cary was great. It is always amazing to work with those few folks who are gurus in their field.

Cheers,

Last edited by john stephanus; 05-17-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Here's a pic...

Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2005, 12:14 AM
CruizinKO is on a distinguished road
Beautiful.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:50 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Is that a Strosek wing on it?

Old 05-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
Originally posted by cjv
John,

From what you described, you are getting alot closer to KA's set up.
I'm out of town this week so I may not get to chim in much ... not to blow my own horn ... but as far as bits and pieces go other than doing redesigned front uprights (which I am working on), driver adjustable anti roll bars (refining those) and 4 Way JRZ's, there isn't much else you can bolt on to John's car without starting to go backwards ... so when you say it's getting "closer" I'm guessing you mean the set up isn't as good as KA because I'm pretty sure KA doesn't have as many extra's as John's car at this point. Don't get me wrong I have a ton of respect for KA but pretty sure she doesn't have as much on the underside as KR (Killer Ruf) I really have to say John's car is as well balanced of a Turbo I've ever driven ... I'm going to do all the same stuff to my own car because I'm so impressed with his. It really turns out to be a great all around package that I came up with by just listening to exactly what John wanted. Could his car be even faster, maybe tenths in some cases but I don't think you'd want to drive it on the streets much at that point and his car is a 10 on the fun factor, you want to drive it everywhere and once you're driving it you don't want to stop! ... I always have to be reminded that these are street cars.

Last edited by Cary Eisenlohr; 05-18-2005 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:15 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Cary: Can you outline what you did and what you would charge some of us for the parts if we want to upgrade as well?

TIA

Old 05-18-2005, 05:18 AM
Here we go down that slippery slope. I was about to ask the same thing.

Old 05-18-2005, 05:59 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Cary Eisenlohr
I'm out of town this week so I may not get to chim in much ... not to blow my own horn ... but as far as bits and pieces go other than doing redesigned front uprights (which I am working on), driver adjustable anti roll bars (refining those) and 4 Way JRZ's, there isn't much else you can bolt on to John's car without starting to go backwards ... so when you say it's getting "closer" I'm guessing you mean the set up isn't as good as KA because I'm pretty sure KA doesn't have as many extra's as John's car at this point. Don't get me wrong I have a ton of respect for KA but pretty sure she doesn't have as much on the underside as KR (Killer Ruf) I really have to say John's car is as well balanced of a Turbo I've ever driven ... I'm going to do all the same stuff to my own car because I'm so impressed with his. It really turns out to be a great all around package that I came up with by just listening to exactly what John wanted. Could his car be even faster, maybe tenths in some cases but I don't think you'd want to drive it on the streets much at that point and his car is a 10 on the fun factor, you want to drive it everywhere and once you're driving it you don't want to stop! ... I always have to be reminded that these are street cars.
Cary,

Probably a bad choice of words on my part. In addition, when I re read the posts I now realize you employed Motons, I'm using the four way JRZ's. Which Moton is being used?

I believe I better understand what was done. A few questions if you care to share. If you don't, I understand. What wheel and tire width is employed? What is the wheel offset and were spaces being used to widen the tract? What is the tract front and rear? What is the gross vehicle weight and cornor weight. The rear spring rate I understand to be 900 pounds, what spring weight was used up front? What toe in, camber and caster was chosen?

Old 05-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
Chad ... I just had to give you a bit of a hard time.... I don't mind giving up most of the info which I'll do a bit later when I have more time... Some specific's I'm going to hold back on but I will tell you it's toed in on the rear and out on the front. The shocks are Club Sports which are far better than a PSS9 or a JIC type but not a JRZ 4 way by any means. I feel in this case you might be somewhat hard pressed to feel a "big" difference because of the way we have the car setup. I think I'd told you I was on a shaker for a few days with the JRZ 4 ways sometime ago and I don't think there's a finer shock on the market right now ... you win there I'll jump back on in a day or so..... cheers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up my car from Cary Eisehlohr yesterday...