996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pic Request: 996 Rear child seat anchors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 04:58 PM
PORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura about
Pic Request: 996 Rear child seat anchors

Good day all,

Does anybody have a pic of the rear anchors on the 996 turbo? I am looking at installing the forward facing child seat. I think the previous owner of the car installed an after market speaker setup in the back so I'm not sure where to find the anchor.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:08 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
here you go

Name:  IMG_5112-2.jpg
Views: 2380
Size:  33.8 KB

Old 02-12-2012, 12:05 AM
PORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura about
Great. Thanks very much for that pic.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:53 PM
What car seat do you have installed in your car?

Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
can't remember, went to toys r us and the lady let me take out all the seats and i tried them all until i found the one that fits best.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 PM
996TTCABX50 will become famous soon enough
I have a Britax Parkway SG and its perfect. I didn't need the back, just the booster so I'm not 100% sure if this will help you. But the booster base is a perfect fit. They also just came out with a Britax Partway SGL... I imagine it's the same fit, just a newer version.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I do need the back. Junior is only 15 months. We have the britax boulevard in the suv and I initially had tried it in the car and the fit was pretty tight. At the time I could not find my anchors either so it was a bit frustrating. I will attempt once again now that I know the anchors are on the car.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
He'll love it. My 6 year old has been riding in mine since 2. He can't get enough.

Now I'll have to take them one at a time (we have four younger than the 6 year old).

Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 PM
drug delivery will become famous soon enough
What specific model car do you have? I have an '02 996 Turbo. I don't think my car has the latch in the back. I see where the carpet is pre-cut but I don't really see any latch inside there.

I'm looking to put a child seat in the back for a younger child, under three, so I can't yet use the seat belt to restrain the child and need a five point harness in the child seat.

Originally Posted by pumalex
here you go

Old 05-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough
You have to cut around the outline and lift up the foam. It's a single anchor and I have it in my 01, so you must have it, too! I used both the Cosco Seneca and High Back Booster in my car.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Simi_996
You have to cut around the outline and lift up the foam. It's a single anchor and I have it in my 01, so you must have it, too! I used both the Cosco Seneca and High Back Booster in my car.
Bought the Cosco Scenera last night an Walmart and it fits perfect in the back. I was a little nervous about cutting the carpet to get to the latch but the cut was clean and straight.

I'm going to remove the seat backs this weekend and see if that helps the child seat fit a little better.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:30 PM
shredder has a spectacular aura aboutshredder has a spectacular aura about
i put mine in with only the seat belt and didnt bother with the latch. After being in a few weeks , teh seat belt had tightened up significantly and the seat is in there pretty snug. mine is a full seat that faces forward. remember to buy a seat protector for the car seat as well. youll save your leather with it.
scott

Old 05-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by shredder
i put mine in with only the seat belt and didnt bother with the latch. After being in a few weeks , teh seat belt had tightened up significantly and the seat is in there pretty snug. mine is a full seat that faces forward. remember to buy a seat protector for the car seat as well. youll save your leather with it.
scott
I didn't feel the seat was snug enough without the latch and I put everything I got into tightening the seat belt. I do have a seat protector that I've used in another vehicle to protects the leather and also helps to prevent deformation of the seat after a car seat has been compressed in there for months/years.

I think the 911 is maybe the only European 2+2 that has a back seat capable of holding a car seat comfortably. I give Porsche a lot of credit for even making car seats that fit back there.

Here's a couple of pics of the car. I only picked it up about a month ago.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by drug delivery
Bought the Cosco Scenera last night an Walmart and it fits perfect in the back. I was a little nervous about cutting the carpet to get to the latch but the cut was clean and straight.

I'm going to remove the seat backs this weekend and see if that helps the child seat fit a little better.
Yup...I forgot to mention that. I removed the seat back for the Scenera seat. However, I felt the high back booster fit better with the seat back. I still used the tether since I am kind of a freak about making sure the seats don't move.

Once your child hits 4, you can switch to the cheapie $15 booster at Walmart. I own 2 of those and it fits perfectly in the 996.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Simi_996
Yup...I forgot to mention that. I removed the seat back for the Scenera seat. However, I felt the high back booster fit better with the seat back. I still used the tether since I am kind of a freak about making sure the seats don't move.

Once your child hits 4, you can switch to the cheapie $15 booster at Walmart. I own 2 of those and it fits perfectly in the 996.
I just spent the last hour uninstalling and reinstalling the rear seat backs. However, due to the angle and positioning of the seat belt latch and the way the car seat is designed I feel having the seat back in place helps hold the car seat more secure. The boosters may be different.

If Porsche positioned the latch slightly back, maybe one inch, this would better mimic a typical sedan or coupe where the latch is behind the car seat, rather in this case it is along side the car seat. I'm not sure if the 997s or 991s are positioned differently.

Seat is secure enough now so I'm sticking with it until a should belt is usable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pic Request: 996 Rear child seat anchors