996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

100 cell vs straight pipes??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 PM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Ok. I drop off next week at the exhaust shop. I think I'll go catless.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 PM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Now would 2.75" be quieter and still ok for 600-650whp?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Kerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to all
Is no body worried about CEL, Turbo issues, or loss off torque??

Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kerrage
Is no body worried about CEL, Turbo issues, or loss off torque??
Cel can be tuned out from a flash. You'll actually gain torque because the turbos will spool quicker/earlier. Never heard of any turbo issues going catless.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 PM
OhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to behold
My friend just gave me a set of these, I'm going to pull my cats off and swap them on. I'll report back...

Old 04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioC5
My friend just gave me a set of these, I'm going to pull my cats off and swap them on. I'll report back...

Did you say you had 100 cell cats now on their??

Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
OhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to behold
I don't remember what cell they are, I'll have to look back through some old posts. I think Neil Switzer may have said what they make.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:00 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioC5
I don't remember what cell they are, I'll have to look back through some old posts. I think Neil Switzer may have said what they make.
Between a delete pipe and 200 cell there should be a noticeable spool up difference and midrange...Not as much if they were a 100 cell....Depending on muffler internals the cat delete can make for more top end power also??

Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Kerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to all
forgive my lack of knowledge...I have a RUF tune as I have 550 package...even though I already have tune..if I went catless and changed out my RUF exhaust...can I have local shop go in and shut off cel?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Kerrage
forgive my lack of knowledge...I have a RUF tune as I have 550 package...even though I already have tune..if I went catless and changed out my RUF exhaust...can I have local shop go in and shut off cel?

There's a local tuner in Calgary that can shut that off for you

Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Between a delete pipe and 200 cell there should be a noticeable spool up difference and midrange...Not as much if they were a 100 cell....Depending on muffler internals the cat delete can make for more top end power also??
I notice a difference - my car spools instantly w/o cats and has instant power even part throttle at low RPM in high gears. (SpeedTech 3" X-flow) Turbo cars need to breathe - the less restriction the better performance.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Sabie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ek9max
There's a local tuner in Calgary that can shut that off for you

Can you give me their name and number if possible (tuner in Calgary), I have Fabspeed Gen 1 with no cats, sounds great, no smell, but I get CEL, I usually unhook battery power and CEL goes away for few weeks ,but comes on again.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I notice a difference - my car spools instantly w/o cats and has instant power even part throttle at low RPM in high gears. (SpeedTech 3" X-flow) Turbo cars need to breathe - the less restriction the better performance.
Then did you go from 200 cell to No cats??

Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by Sabie
Can you give me their name and number if possible (tuner in Calgary), I have Fabspeed Gen 1 with no cats, sounds great, no smell, but I get CEL, I usually unhook battery power and CEL goes away for few weeks ,but comes on again.
Hs name is Miguel. Company is called ecuprogram I think. Great guy.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:34 AM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sabie

Sabie if you don't have a flash on your car yet I recommend going through one of the tuners here in the U.S. you don't need a shop to flash your car for you. Save some money and do it yourself its easy. I use EPL for my tuning and I am very happy with performance, price, and customer service that they provide. Talk to Tony or Rich they'll send you a flash cable which plugs into your USB of your laptop and obd2 port in your car follow the instructions and you'll have a monster in 20 mins or less all from the comfort of your home/garage. Just make sure you have a strong wifi connection to your laptop and your good to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 100 cell vs straight pipes??