996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Check Valve and Intake Plenum Upgrade-Lost Pressure!Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
I know this might sound bad........But....Why dont you just put the stock stuff back on since you said the car ran fine until this??..Has Vivid tryed to help with this? This seems like it has been a headache for you and it has not improved with all your trouble shooting??....Maybe it just was not met to be.....LOL....Good Luck

Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM
vshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to behold
John,

The car ran fine before installing the new intake/hoses plenum. At the same time I put more pressure in the waste gates spring (1.2 BAR).

Probably the problem was caused during the plenum intake installing or the waste gate still continues has much pressure!!!!!

Before lower again the engine I will try to reduce more the pressure in the waste gates spring. I will go reduce a complete turn.

I replace the Intake plenum that is connecting to the air filter box. Not the plenum that has the throttle body. This plenum does not cause leaks....

Thanks,

Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
I know this might sound bad........But....Why dont you just put the stock stuff back on since you said the car ran fine until this??..Has Vivid tryed to help with this? This seems like it has been a headache for you and it has not improved with all your trouble shooting??....Maybe it just was not met to be.....LOL....Good Luck
I am sorry,I thought I was replying to the thread with the Vivid TB set-up problem ...Not enough sleep for me.LOL..

Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
vshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to behold
The problems are resolved and the car is running like a beast.

After another inspection I fount the problems:

1. The vacuum tube that passes beneath the F hose and is connected to a check valve is disconnected. Is difficult to see because the DV and F hose.

2. The intercoolers hose (from intercooler to Ypipe) is not completely connected. !Strange! I did a leak test and didn´t detect this leak! The left and right hoses are connected and apparently OK, but after remove the hoses and connect only the metal connecter I saw that the retainer spring was not completely closed. Consequently, under full boost one side of the hose get up and the pressure was gone. My silicone hoses and connectors are from AP, I think the connectors are not 100% compatible with 997.2 GT2 RS intercoolers.

How to resolve? I use a clamp to close completely the retainer spring.

After these correction the car did quickly 1.1 BAR, but in third gear the engine cut the power!!!! I had another problem to resolve!!!!

3. I decided to verify the wastegates setup. The problem was here…. I setup each wastegate with 2 full turns on the nuts. Although the waste gates springs had the same nuts turn, I verified that one is start open at 0.8 BAR and the other at 1.1 BAR. This difference caused a engine cut.

How to resolve? With a hand pump I setup the waste gate to start open at 13 PSI.

Now the car is running strong and without problems.

Last edited by vshugo996; 05-16-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 AM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
Originally Posted by vshugo996
The problems are resolved and the car is running like a beast.

After another inspection I fount the problems:

1. The vacuum tube that passes beneath the F hose and is connected to a check valve is disconnected. Is difficult to see because the DV and F hose.

2. The intercoolers hose (from intercooler to Ypipe) is not completely connected. !Strange! I did a leak test and didn´t detect this leak! The left and right hoses are connected and apparently OK, but after remove the hoses and connect only the metal connecter I saw that the retainer spring was not completely closed. Consequently, under full boost one side of the hose get up and the pressure was gone. My silicone hoses and connectors are from AP, I think the connectors are not 100% compatible with 997.2 GT2 RS intercoolers.

How to resolve? I use a clamp to close completely the retainer spring.

After these correction the car did quickly 1.1 BAR, but in third gear the engine cut the power!!!! I had another problem to resolve!!!!

3. I decided to verify the wastegates setup. The problem was here…. I setup each wastegate with 2 full turns on the nuts. Although the waste gates springs had the same nuts turn, I verified that one is start open at 0.8 BAR and the other at 1.1 BAR. This difference caused a engine cut.

How to resolve? With a hand pump I setup the waste gate to start open at 1.3 BAR.

Now the car is running strong and without problems.
Number 1 is exactly my case made me ran 0.7, 0.8 bar for couple months, boost leak check and locate it in 5 minutes...