996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Same Boost Hose Blows Off??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:23 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Same Boost Hose Blows Off??

Hey guys,,I dont know if this is the common boost hose that periodically comes off BUT it does in my case..No other hoses have ever blown off/came off..
The drivers side turbo exit boost hose,at the connection from the turbo.
It did it with the stock hoses once in a great while.
It did it with the AP hoses once in a great while.
It does it also with the AWE hoses that came with intercoolers.
The turbo outlet sleeve looks good..
Anyone else??
Thanks...

Old 04-30-2012, 04:24 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hey guys,,I dont know if this is the common boost hose that periodically comes off BUT it does in my case..No other hoses have ever blown off/came off..
The drivers side turbo exit boost hose,at the connection from the turbo.
It did it with the stock hoses once in a great while.
It did it with the AP hoses once in a great while.
It does it also with the AWE hoses that came with intercoolers.
The turbo outlet sleeve looks good..
Anyone else??
Thanks...
It's hard to imagine that it would pop off at the turbo. The new style OEM hoses have a "ridge" molded into them the fits perfectly on the turbo outlet relief "valley". Once you tighten the clamp on the hose there is no way it could come off. I know none of the aftermarket hoses have this ridge and as a result will be more prone to come off than the OEM hoses.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Make sure inside hose and compressor discharge is clean of oil and dry. Get t-clamps instead of the factory hose clamps.
What engine mounts are you using?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Its probably in the IC end tank ... not to pick on it but since you tried 2 type of hoses including OEm and its still doing it... Im guessing something in the end tank fitting... but thats just my guess...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Thanks for responses.
First it happened with factory intercoolers,original hoses and then with AP hoses.Both had factory clamps.
The AWE intercoolers came with there own hoses which are bigger diameter for their bigget diameter spigots and has the good style clamps.
It only blows off that turbo discharge spigot.
SO I really should take a look at the spigot very closely? ?

Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I may have misunderstood your post. It ISPs happening at the turbo then it's just a clamping problem.