996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new exhaust: **EBWerks**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:26 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Here you go showing that our X pipe in plain site. I suspect many people will try to copy it. I hope not. But i figured i put it in the plain open, and people have ethics. You can see the blue prints to the far left on one of the pictures.

Name:  EBWERKSincps.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  322.3 KB

Old 05-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Man, that is a terrific looking exhaust. Have you guys released the Ti version officially yet? Sorry if I missed the news elsewhere.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:49 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,I would think that any exhaust system on our cars would need some kind of strap mounting,,only because of the vibrations caused by the engine,mounts,sound/exhaust pulses,if the car is a daily driver all that would put more stress on mounting to the turbos and not to mention fatigue the welds..IMO...

Old 05-23-2012, 02:58 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EBWerks
JohnSpeed,

Thanks for the suggestion. We suggest customers if they are concern to change the studs, and locking nuts per Porsche suggestion of a 1 time use. The parts numbers are as follows:

900-081-059-00 – locking nuts
999-084-052-02 turbo outlet exhaust stud

They will cost a total of 47.66 with taxes here in California.

If the customer would like a strap we are more than happy to place one in place. Our exhaust is fully customizable to certain extended to accommodate all price ranges of the user. I have had inquiries of people wanting cats, mufflers, different tips, polished exhaust, and coated black.

All this can be done and the cost of the customer. Our unique trait of our exhaust is the X merge which give it the high pitch sound- and low backpressure (we are measuring the back pressure this week of the exhaust and will post the results).

The whole exhaust is constructed of stainless steel 304- minus the v-band gasket that is included. The exhaust also includes extended bungs to fool the secondary o2 sensors, so you will NOT get a check engine light.

A very reputable vendor we consulted on the forum said there was no need for straps as the exhaust is so light. As far as catalysts converters, I show customers where other top exhaust company’s get them and if they want them they can buy them and we are willing to weld the hardware to make it work but we do not want to be responsible if the car does not pass emission or if the catalyst converters fails.

That is why we show the customer where they can be bought and it has a range of catalyst converters from $140 each to $ 700 range. It up to him or her to make the decision of the quality of catalyst they want to pay for.

Here is the clip that closest illustrates the high pitch. We have new videos that will be posted shortly.
You can hear it very clearly as it goes into the distance. I suggest to listen to the whole clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdx4s...7&feature=plcp
Thanks for your info..

Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
MikeG will become famous soon enough
It sounds terrific!
I would love to hear/see more.
Will it lose it's note if you add small mufflers?
Can you give me a baseline price please?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:11 AM
HI,Are you going to post prices for all of us to see OR is only an individual PM quote to each inquiring member??......Thanks

Old 06-02-2012, 10:50 PM
jung is on a distinguished road
911law
Is it possible to see and hear it in person? I'm in Vancouver- this exhaust is one I'm considering for my 997tt.
My email is derekjungkim@gmail.com

Old 06-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I have to say,after looking at a few other X-pipes closer,that your X chamber/connector does look like yours would do the job very good .
It looks like it would direct the gases very smoothly and keep the merge hit to a minimal.....

Old 06-03-2012, 09:51 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
This system DOES sound amazing however I cant imagine the kind of drone that must come with that sound? Does anyone have first hand knowledge about just how much drone we are talking about?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 AM
911law will become famous soon enough911law will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
This system DOES sound amazing however I cant imagine the kind of drone that must come with that sound? Does anyone have first hand knowledge about just how much drone we are talking about?
Drone is quite noticeable at around 2000-2500rpm. But Its definitely worth it in my opponion.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks Enrique, should of given me that advice earlier. Warning to potential purchasers of this exhaust, you may develop a bit of a twitch in your right foot.

Attached Images   
Old 06-05-2012, 08:49 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
lol! They made you tow it?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
jung is on a distinguished road
He probably heard you coming way before he saw you!
Btw, weekend drive sea-to-sky hwy?
How much did it cost to get your car back?

Jung

Old 06-05-2012, 11:29 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911law
Thanks Enrique, should of given me that advice earlier. Warning to potential purchasers of this exhaust, you may develop a bit of a twitch in your right foot.
Did they at least like the sound

Old 06-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah they dont mess around here in Vancouver, certain speed over automatic impound for 7 days. Yes they did like the sound actually, how could you not!

Jung: yeah was a great drive to whistler...nearly made it there! we should head up there one weekend when the weather is nicer - ended up being about $370 for tow and impound then $360 for the ticket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new exhaust: **EBWerks**