996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new exhaust: **EBWerks**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 AM
911law will become famous soon enough911law will become famous soon enough
My new exhaust: **EBWerks**

I have owned quite a few cars in my time, I have never been so happy to drive my car after receiving this exhaust from EBWerks. I find myself looking for excuses to take it out for a drive.

The only deficiency I ever thought Porsche's had was their exhaust note, it was boring at best.

After hearing a sound clip of this exhaust I knew I had to have one immediately, I cannot describe in words how good this exhaust sounds, it really is ridiculous. The power and response was noticeable immediately.

I have attached some videos but they really don't do it justice.

The guys at EBWerks were great to do deal with, I told them I wanted this exhaust made ASAP, as I was one of their first customers they still had to fabricate the exhaust etc, even though I am in Vancouver, 1 week later it was at my door.

This exhaust is not for the faint hearted, if you don't like breaking peoples necks and have people look at you like you just molested one of their kids, this exhaust isn'tfor you. It sounds like an F1 car.

But if you enjoy feeling and hearing our cars true potential don't even hesitate to pick this up, seriously you will be grinning inside every time you take it out.

Attached Images   
Old 05-14-2012, 07:20 AM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
looks great! No sound deading....crazy!!

Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Awesome, I love everything I've heard about this exhaust! Thanks for the review.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Wow...
Almost all these X-pipes look alike or resembles another..
I guess it comes down to what each vendor charges,I dont think the performance can be that big of a difference unless they use a way restrictive muffler set-up...In most cases it doesnt look to be the case..
ENJOY your new system,I sure it rocks.....

Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough
Is there a reason everyone does this same design using the x-crossover pipe? Wouldn't it be easier to fit a small muffler on each side and go from the turbo straight out to the rear bumper?

Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Wow...
Almost all these X-pipes look alike or resembles another..
I guess it comes down to what each vendor charges,I dont think the performance can be that big of a difference unless they use a way restrictive muffler set-up...In most cases it doesnt look to be the case..
ENJOY your new system,I sure it rocks.....
John, Actually the sound can vary quite a bit depending on the components used when it is a muffled system. We tested them all...in-line mufflers, mufflers on each side of the "X" and totally enclosed "X". We felt the totally enclosed "X" provided the best sound and least drone by far, so that is the direction we chose to go. It all comes down to sound quality, R&D to refine the sound, etc. With most of these hand made, one off systems you get what you get and there has not been any R&D to perfect the sound. I know it took us over a dozen designs to arrive at what we felt was the optimum sound and maximum reduction of drone that we could achieve...in short, not all X-pipe designs are created equal, it takes R&D time to refine it.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Apex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the rough
Oooohhh! Thanks for posting these videos. I also was one of the first to request one of their exhausts and it sounds like what you wrote is exactly how I feel in terms of the sound. I can't wait for mine to get here!

-Matt

Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Wow! I'm guessing it drones like crazy? Almost seems worth it for that kind of noise! Sounds amazing.

Price? Where can we purchase from? Any other options for the tips?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
John, Actually the sound can vary quite a bit depending on the components used when it is a muffled system. We tested them all...in-line mufflers, mufflers on each side of the "X" and totally enclosed "X". We felt the totally enclosed "X" provided the best sound and least drone by far, so that is the direction we chose to go. It all comes down to sound quality, R&D to refine the sound, etc. With most of these hand made, one off systems you get what you get and there has not been any R&D to perfect the sound. I know it took us over a dozen designs to arrive at what we felt was the optimum sound and maximum reduction of drone that we could achieve...in short, not all X-pipe designs are created equal, it takes R&D time to refine it.
Thanks John for info..But most of these new builds look like your loud/race(with out mufflers) with the similar X connector...

Old 05-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Simi_996
Is there a reason everyone does this same design using the x-crossover pipe? Wouldn't it be easier to fit a small muffler on each side and go from the turbo straight out to the rear bumper?
Hi,Protomotive's X design is different,I have not seen another like it..I dont know if thats good or bad or what?.I know big HP/TQ has been made with that design.
Theirs has a full lenght pipe coming from each side that criss cross each other in the middle(look like a X) to outlet on the opposite sides.BUT,they are Connected together with the backside opened of one pipe to the front opened side of the other one in the criss cross area...So,they are individual by one account but share with each other that criss cross......

Old 05-14-2012, 10:24 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Simi_996

The x pipe looks very different.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 AM
To me it looks like the same basic design of how the gases would flow thru either system,if SpeedTechs had the cat delete pipe on in that picture...
Yes,the way it was put together and the welds are different.. BUT basic performance characteristics are the same IMO..

Old 05-14-2012, 11:01 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
To me it looks like the same basic design of how the gases would flow thru either system,if SpeedTechs had the cat delete pipe on in that picture...
Yes,the way it was put together and the welds are different.. BUT basic performance characteristics are the same IMO..

They sound very different. Both 3" and catless. I will say the speedtech - I love speedtech's tips. I think they are one of the best. But sound wize, is a different story.

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 05-14-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I guess what I was trying to say was about performance characteristics being similar,not taking sound into that account.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
911law will become famous soon enough911law will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Apex Factor
Oooohhh! Thanks for posting these videos. I also was one of the first to request one of their exhausts and it sounds like what you wrote is exactly how I feel in terms of the sound. I can't wait for mine to get here!

-Matt

Don't even hesitate to get it and the price from what other vendors are charging is surprisingly reasonable. I really cant describe how good this exhaust sounds, the spooling turbos to the loud high pitch bark it produces at WOT is scary - have some go pro videos coming soon with better sound quality will post them when they are done.

Also noticed significant response and power throughout the whole rev range, comes on boost faster and harder.

I have come from AMG's and most my friends have AMG's and are die hard fans..... they all now want Porsche's after hearing this thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new exhaust: **EBWerks**