996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf Pricing Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Autobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to behold
Ruf Pricing Help

I have decided to sell my car and I need some input on the market value. At this point I am not selling it on the forum as I have given first right of refusal to someone local. I might post it here if the deal with the local buyer falls through.

The car is a Ruf Rturbo 550 conversion (carried out by Ruf Dallas at a cost of approx. $40K). In addition to the Rturbo conversion it has the following Ruf parts: front bumper, mirrors, shifter, pedals, steering wheel.

The base car is a silver '02 X50 with 50K miles, aerokit, sport seats (painted backs), sun roof delete, 996.2 GT2 wheels, and other standard turbo equipment, e.g. painted lower console, Bose, etc. I have also added carbon fiber door sills and inner door sills, Kenwood Excelon navigation system.

In addition, I have replaced some wear and tear items such as new PS2 tires, rotors and brake pads, MAF, 997 coil packs and spark plugs, clutch accumulator, driver seat belt, all fluids replaced.

I am sure that I have forgotten a whole bunch of other stuff, but just trying to get an idea of what my car is worth.

Thanks!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Kerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to all
Quick question do you happen to know what you get for max boost on your car?

I have RUF 550 as well but just changed exhaust from RUF to the big GMG slant tip 3 inch and seem to only get 1 bar where as before I thought I went to 1.7 or 1.3???

Old 05-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
IMO if it's not a RUF Vin car it's worth the same as any other modded X50.

RUF was all the rage a few years ago, especially the ruf vin cars that came with a secret integrated roll cage. Ever since they closed the RUF auto Centre (now independent RAC) the buzz has stopped.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 05-15-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Autobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kerrage

I have RUF 550 as well but just changed exhaust from RUF to the big GMG slant tip 3 inch and seem to only get 1 bar where as before I thought I went to 1.7 or 1.3???
I typically see 1.2, but I believe that I have seen up to 1.3

Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kerrage

No way did you see 1.7 otherwise the ECU would put an end to the party. I used to get a constant 1.0. Since I changed my intercoolers to the 997 GT2RS ICs and back to stock OEM boost hoses I get a constant 1.1.

Last edited by pwdrhound; 05-16-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Car is sold!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Autobahn
Car is sold!
Care to disclose the selling price?

Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 AM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
I'm sure that whoever bought it recognized the value in the RUF additions, how much they cost, and how they set you apart from the rest.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
IMO if it's not a RUF Vin car it's worth the same as any other modded X50.

RUF was all the rage a few years ago, especially the ruf vin cars that came with a secret integrated roll cage. Ever since they closed the RUF auto Centre (now independent RAC) the buzz has stopped.

+1

Originally Posted by 911-AL
I'm sure that whoever bought it recognized the value in the RUF additions, how much they cost, and how they set you apart from the rest.

Only in some peoples minds...which is fine. Just like some seem to think a 2005 "S" is ultrarare and much more valuable. All these little niche 'value adders' are only important when universally accepted and valued- but if there are only a handful of people that believe it, the value will be hard to hold.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
I would like to buy this car and have funds ready to transfer. I am willing to pay upto $75,000 for it..

LMK how you want to do the transaction.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Autobahn
Car is sold!
Originally Posted by quick
I would like to buy this car and have funds ready to transfer. I am willing to pay upto $75,000 for it..

Maybe contact the new owner?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by quick

With monopoly money...

Last edited by pwdrhound; 12-03-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
My guess is that for $110-115K you could buy a Ruf Vin BTR car

Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by rs200evo
My guess is that for $110-115K you could buy a Ruf Vin BTR car
If you're looking for an 80s era RUF and you could actually find a clean one somewhere than that's probably the right number. The mint ones probably would fetch in excess of that. There just aren't many out there.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:12 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Guys I apologize, I was being sarcastic in my post ... The guy makes a post inquiring about the price without any pictures and with in few hours the car gets sold...

Later

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf Pricing Help