996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

how to adjust headlights ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 09:59 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
ok will try again tonight gents.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
Thread revival...

I can't find an Allen wrench long enough. Any links to one? No auto parts store has them. I did buy a long bit driver and a 5mm bit, but lost the bit behind the headlight. Humiliating and humorous at the same time.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 AM
litecast is just really nicelitecast is just really nicelitecast is just really nicelitecast is just really nicelitecast is just really nice
Did you look in your car's tool kit? Mine has the allen wrench in the kit.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have that one in the tool bag. It's missing three of them.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Fallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud of
I adjusted mine using a 5mm Hex that was like 10" long. I've dyno'ed it at +13 BHP at 8500.... Just saying :-)

FBS

Old 02-18-2014, 03:14 AM
aerogt3 is infamous around these partsaerogt3 is infamous around these parts
For those of you who are having trouble getting to the screws, just remove the headlights. It's way easier IMO. They slide right out and once you have them out, the two screws (a phillips screw inside a 5mm hex) sit ride on the side of the housing in plain view. Definitely easier than driving to the hardware store for a 10" hex, if you don't already have one.

Last edited by aerogt3; 02-18-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:39 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aerogt3
Is it easier to get to the adjustment (with a shorter screwdriver/hex wrench) if you just remove the headlight? I can't find a 10" 5mm hex anywhere near me.
The problem is you won't be able to see results of the adjustment without putting the headlight back in every time. If you search eBay you will find plenty of long hex wrenches.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:33 AM
The issue could very well be the auto leveler, not the adjustment (or combination of both). There's a bracket that is vertical near the swaybar that must be attached for the auto level system to work. I don't have a pic (the cars in the shop), but someone may have a shot that shows it.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Whereitsat
The issue could very well be the auto leveler, not the adjustment (or combination of both). There's a bracket that is vertical near the swaybar that must be attached for the auto level system to work. I don't have a pic (the cars in the shop), but someone may have a shot that shows it.
They is two of them, one the drives side front lca and one on the drivers side rear lca.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:21 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
quick question, with the headlights out, there's two adjustments right above each other. If i'm correct, I need to do the lower one, but what is the upper one for?

Old 04-05-2017, 12:30 PM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
quick question, with the headlights out, there's two adjustments right above each other. If i'm correct, I need to do the lower one, but what is the upper one for?
to adjust left and right

Old 04-08-2017, 11:55 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Alright, next question. So I opened up the headlight, and my problem is the adjustment isn't turning. It's only the passenger side, I popped the driver side out to make sure it was functioning correctly.

Anyone ran into this. I've read a few posts here and there that say it sometimes come off track. But I don't see how you could do any kind of fix without completely removing the guts of the headlight.