996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Keyless Push Start Retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 12:56 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buzzm
got may car back yesterday, does exactly whats its meant to, walk away and it locks, walk up to it and it unlocks, push start button, then push again and hold to start, the key card is smaller than a credit card, thicker though, but way preferable to a key. Installer had to sacrifice a key and bury it in the dash to get around the immobilizer, the ignition cylinder/steering lock is completely removed...weight savings of approx 1lb lol.

install, is way more involved than a 993, dash has to come out, seat has to come out, total labor cost (im in boston so it may cheaper in other parts of the country) was 2k, more than i thought it was going to be but well worth it.

one of the best mods ive done to this car so far, and ic ant imagine there are many other push button start 996's in the world so its nice knowing my car is a little more unique.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sawborg
Sweet setup modquence. The company also has the **** switch start: http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104S.html

It might be a great compromise between having the latest conveniences and having the traditional twist ignition start on the left.
This makes a ton of sense. I don't care if I push a button or turn a **** to start the car.

Later, Steve

Old 09-15-2019, 05:25 AM
A Better Rick is an unknown quantity at this point
Why can't you just turn the key prior to removing the key cylinder to keep the wheel from being locked? Since the wiring is being tied into a new module and push to start button, shouldn't the ignition sequence be returned to the off position with the wheel lock released??