996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PSS10 Dampening Settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Equal setting = neutral - sort of. ;-). Car will always under steer at the limit.

Softer front / harder rear = oversteer.

The reverse = under steer.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:20 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
For a flat track i used rear 8 and front 6. Wit H&R sway bars front soft rear middle, the car handled perfect. No understeer at all.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:06 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
For a flat track i used rear 8 and front 6. Wit H&R sway bars front soft rear middle, the car handled perfect. No understeer at all.
No understeer at all? You weren't going fast enough.

Seriously, no matter how I set up my car when I start pushing the nose goes wide. I've spoke to many racing gurus and they've told me it's the 4 wheel drive. You can dial some out but ultimatelly turbo will understeer. I guess that's why gt3 was made.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:37 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Terminator
No understeer at all? You weren't going fast enough.

Seriously, no matter how I set up my car when I start pushing the nose goes wide. I've spoke to many racing gurus and they've told me it's the 4 wheel drive. You can dial some out but ultimatelly turbo will understeer. I guess that's why gt3 was made.
Hmmm... decide for yourself.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Old 07-12-2016, 02:58 AM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
Hmmm... decide for yourself.
Don't mean to burst your bubble but that blue GT4 that was in front of you got away from you and disappeared in no time.

Last edited by JimTT; 07-12-2016 at 03:02 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:45 AM
I got the time tables here. I know that GT4 wasnt quicker than me. In the first run i overtook him and another grey GT4 couldnt hold my wheel. But these GT4s are fast for sure cause they are light and they got a fine suspension.
Later in the second video you see a GT3 which was quicker and got slowly away from me.

Edit: I am pleased to know i can almost keep up with a 991 GT3, which has PDK, is lighter and has a much better suspension.

Last edited by ghostofpain; 07-12-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:11 PM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
I got the time tables here. I know that GT4 wasnt quicker than me. In the first run i overtook him and another grey GT4 couldnt hold my wheel. But these GT4s are fast for sure cause they are light and they got a fine suspension.
Later in the second video you see a GT3 which was quicker and got slowly away from me.

Edit: I am pleased to know i can almost keep up with a 991 GT3, which has PDK, is lighter and has a much better suspension.
That's not bad for a 16 year old designed car with just some basic suspension setup.