996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What mods to do next? (fresh detail pics included)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
roseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to all
Thumbs up What mods to do next? (fresh detail pics included)

Guys, I need some help deciding what mods to do next. here is what I'm considering;
  • Good bang for buck horsepower mod in addition to my current setup (if possible)
  • KW v3 if the price is right (I would like a change from my current H&R coilovers)
  • Wrapping my hood with either black / matte balck / carbon fiber
  • Going down to 18'' rims from my current bbs 19'' (i'm trying to imporve my ride comfort and prepare for a potential track event)

I'm about to install the fixed wing mod and eliminate the spoiler pistons. I've done the whole stereo thing which didn't turn out too well.

Any advice would be appreciated and LMK if I left any must DO's off the list.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7802.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	247429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7804.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	247430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7801.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	247431  

Last edited by roseylv; 05-31-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Beautiful car, makes me wish I never sold my Carrera White 996tt.

-Speedtech Y-pipe and Turbo Inlet pipes (if you have the chance to get IC's with 2.5" inlets, do that, too) - Add the IPD Plenum and TB as well. Should see a nice increase in spool and power.
-KW V3's are great, much better than the H&R CO setup.
-No
-Yes, even on a 19 going from a 315/25 to a 305/30 helped a ton. Same in the front.

Other options:

-Sway Bars
-GT2 Front/Rear
-Meth/Water Injection for more boost
-Corner Balance / Align

Last edited by dhahlen; 05-31-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:20 AM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
Painted rear bunperettes

Old 05-31-2013, 07:48 AM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
H&Rs too harsh for you? I've heard great things about them, your ride height looks really good.

GL with the mods

Old 05-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's a beautiful car, love the Carrera White in the 996 TT. For more information on KW Coilovers Click Here.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 AM
roseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dhahlen
Beautiful car, makes me wish I never sold my Carrera White 996tt.

-Speedtech Y-pipe and Turbo Inlet pipes (if you have the chance to get IC's with 2.5" inlets, do that, too) - Add the IPD Plenum and TB as well. Should see a nice increase in spool and power.
-KW V3's are great, much better than the H&R CO setup.
-No
-Yes, even on a 19 going from a 315/25 to a 305/30 helped a ton. Same in the front.

Other options:

-Sway Bars
-GT2 Front/Rear
-Meth/Water Injection for more boost
-Corner Balance / Align
Dam you're against the black hood huh, lol? I'm really considering it!
I don't want to mess with IC's anymore. I definitely don't want to spend a penny on 19'' tires. If I'm making any moves with wheels / tires it's down an inch. Then i'll have to bite the bullet on new tires. I have new tires on my BBS already. Perhaps I can some money when I put em up for sale.
Car has sway bar already.

Originally Posted by nick49
H&Rs too harsh for you? I've heard great things about them, your ride height looks really good.

GL with the mods
yea! in Los Angles there is no such thing as even roads! The car does handle well and yes the ride height is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm hoping that the KWv3 can surpass H&R CO in day-to-day driving and then if I get a chance to track it, it'll be ready to go.

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
That's a beautiful car, love the Carrera White in the 996 TT. For more information on KW Coilovers Click Here.

Thanks.

Keep em coming

Old 05-31-2013, 10:52 AM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
Car looks great !

Old 05-31-2013, 11:02 AM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
agree with painted bumperetes and maybe paint the skirts as well while your at it.

switching to KW v3 and improving ride comfort might be a little counter productive

Car looks good!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 AM
yea, I was thinking about that while doing some research. I know the 18's will definitely help a bit. I will be able to make suspension adjustments depending on what type of driving activity I'll be doing, i.e. a road trip or a track day? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Originally Posted by REDLINER911
agree with painted bumperetes and maybe paint the skirts as well while your at it.

switching to KW v3 and improving ride comfort might be a little counter productive

Car looks good!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Cowtown10 has a spectacular aura aboutCowtown10 has a spectacular aura about
Paint the bumperets yes
Hood NO! IMHO it looks cheap and just a fad, like matte black

Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roseylv
yea, I was thinking about that while doing some research. I know the 18's will definitely help a bit. I will be able to make suspension adjustments depending on what type of driving activity I'll be doing, i.e. a road trip or a track day? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Once the damping settings are dialed in, it's rare that you'll make adjustments.

Stiff doesn't always mean better for the track. You'll have better results with a professional corner balance and alignment.... if that's what you're after.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:45 AM
I kind of like the bumperette contrast!

I like some contrast. Kinda of why the Audi Allroad appealed to me. Check out what I just leased as my DD (not my pictures but same exact color combo). APR tune is in the mail

https://plus.google.com/photos/11473...ner=pwa&sort=7

Old 05-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by dhahlen
Once the damping settings are dialed in, it's rare that you'll make adjustments.

Stiff doesn't always mean better for the track. You'll have better results with a professional corner balance and alignment.... if that's what you're after.
Good point dhahlen! The only car I've ever tracked was E55 Yacht! I'm totally new to the p-car track scene. I'm not sure if really want to get hooked on it as I already have expensive and time consuming hobbies (golf being one of them )

I'll look into corner balance.

Dhahlen, what setup are you currently running?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice to see the P-car bug biting strong bud

have you taken down any cars lately?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT
Nice to see the P-car bug biting strong bud

have you taken down any cars lately?
haha, tell me about it!
Nothing major! Only true races were at the half mile event!
On the streets...Had fun with 03'ish Cobra. He may have been stock as it wasn't much of a race. It seems like there are a lot of 335 bimmers that always want to tango.

Got smoked in some traffic light action by my roommates Tesla model-s Performace. That car is no joke to 80 mph He says it's more fun to drive then his F430

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What mods to do next? (fresh detail pics included)