996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

No Lift Shift - PowerShift Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Maki has a spectacular aura aboutMaki has a spectacular aura about
No Lift Shift - PowerShift Unit

Hello Guys

Have anywhere Some Infos for me? A tuner in Germay sell a PowerShift Box for Porsche Cars.

where can I buy this? Costs?

Old 08-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
How can you power shift these cars without eating the syncros??

Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i have no lift shifting in my tune but too afraid to use it!!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:44 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
I also have it in my tune, And always hold pedal to the metal when banging the gears while having fun, But I still use the clutch.
If I am not mistaken the whole point of it is the RPMS don't creep up in-between the shifts with it..

Old 08-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Maki has a spectacular aura aboutMaki has a spectacular aura about
Hello

For the PowerShift you need the clutch. But without releasing the gas pedal

Old 08-23-2013, 05:28 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
shift box (4950 Euros)

http://www.cartronic-motorsport.de/p...997_gt2_00.jpg

http://www.cartronic-motorsport.de/pic/sqs_00.jpg

or this 18000 Euro only racing

http://www.albertweb.de/media/images...rade-kit-2.jpg

but with all this systems you must use the clutch.....

Last edited by winnigt2; 08-23-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 AM
cburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of light
For those with it in their tune, do you know how it works? Since it is throttle-by-wire, does it very quickly close and open the butterfly while you shift? Or does it cut ignition while the clutch is depressed?

If its the latter, that would be pretty cool. Then the throttle doesn't close, and the boost that you had built up doesn't get puked out the DV's = you don't have to build boost again in the next gear.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:32 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
I know it was quite a while ago now, so my memory might not be 100%......but didn't both Sean and Chris eat their gearboxes with power shifts?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cburke996
For those with it in their tune, do you know how it works? Since it is throttle-by-wire, does it very quickly close and open the butterfly while you shift? Or does it cut ignition while the clutch is depressed?

If its the latter, that would be pretty cool. Then the throttle doesn't close, and the boost that you had built up doesn't get puked out the DV's = you don't have to build boost again in the next gear.
mine is an epl tune and from what i understand it cuts timing to allow the shift

the gas is keep full on and the clutch is used. i havent tried it yet as im worried about missing a gear and hurting the trans

Old 08-23-2013, 12:27 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
With that feature it will not put any more stress on your transmission if you use your clutch Because you would be unloading the transmission when you press the clutch pedal down, disengaging power momentarily to let you shift.
It's just wears the clutch quicker, as I am on my 3rd one.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by johnspeed
With that feature it will not put any more stress on your transmission if you use your clutch Because you would be unloading the transmission when you press the clutch pedal down, disengaging power momentarily to let you shift.
It's just wears the clutch quicker, as I am on my 3rd one.
my concern is more about the unatural way this for shifting a manual and possibly missing or badly grinding the gears.
on a bike i use my hands to shift. on a big rig i only use a clutch to get started then shift 10 gears without any clutch at all. using the car its a normal gas clutch setup. keeping my foot mashed on the gas and then using the clutch doesnt feel natural and causes a hesitation on my part.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:21 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
I've done a lot of drag racing in various cars, no lift shifting does gain you about 1-2ths on a 10 second car if you hit every gear perfectly. If you're not at the drag strip trying to wring out every last ounce of speed, don't bother with it.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by King James
I've done a lot of drag racing in various cars, no lift shifting does gain you about 1-2ths on a 10 second car if you hit every gear perfectly. If you're not at the drag strip trying to wring out every last ounce of speed, don't bother with it.
i was born with vht in my veins and burnt rubber fumes as cologne! drag racer at heart!

Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Actually IF it was possible on our cars,,,I would shift like I shift my bikes that don't have electronic kill shift kits, which is wide open and backing off the gas a hair so to unload the trans enough to hit the next gear,,,all that with out using the clutch,, That save the clutch big time....
I drive the Mack fire engines like that also..LOL..

Old 08-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Actually IF it was possible on our cars,,,I would shift like I shift my bikes that don't have electronic kill shift kits, which is wide open and backing off the gas a hair so to unload the trans enough to hit the next gear,,,all that with out using the clutch,, That save the clutch big time....
I drive the Mack fire engines like that also..LOL..
air shifter ftw!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Lift Shift - PowerShift Unit