996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Miami Auto Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 11:28 PM
sld7 is on a distinguished road
Miami Auto Show

Ultimate Sports Car- The Gallardo. The car is insane! Spent 20 minutes sitting in the car fantasizing about what it would be like to own it. For $175k, nothing compares. Sat in the Murcielago as well and the interior is not as nice, especially if you are a big guy. The Saleen S7 looks like a kit car. The doors are hollow and the car has no safety features to go with its $400k price tage.

Ultimate Rag Top- The 360 Spyder. The nicest interior of any car on the market with a hypnotic exterior. The SL55 is beautiful and probably more suited for every day driving. Honorable mention- For $26k the VW Turbo Beetle is really cool.

Ultimate Sedan (Without having to hit the lottery)- If someone told me that the VW 12-Cylinder Pheaton with an $85k price tag trounces every sedan on the market, I would have told them they were crazy. The car comes out Nov. 15th and is the most incredible sedan to come along in some time! The exterior lines, quad stainless steel exhaust tips, luxury interior that sets a new standard for luxury sedans and more ponies than a Turbo! I still can't believe this car is made by VW. Biggest Dissapointment- The Maybach. The 57 starts at $307k and goes to $335k nicely equiped. For that kind of money, you could buy a new Turbo Cab, a new Pheaton, a new Range Rover and have $50k left over to make them all go faster.

Ultimate Sports Coupe- The CL55 is in a class all its own. For $122k you get almost 500hp and get to use it while sitting on air conditioned seats. Honorable Mention- The new Bentley GT. V12 Twin Turbo with a ton of torque. In person it looks nice but no where near as nice as the Gallardo or 360 or other cars in that price range. I was really dissapointed but I am sure every rapper will soon be driving one.

Odds & Ends- The Ford GT40 rides incredibly low. The aluminum look undercarage is a nice touch and the interior is very well done. The Lotus Elise for $38k is going to turn some heads. The Cadillac Escalade (extended version) is almost as much as a Range Rover ($66k) but yet looks like a $45k SUV. The Dodge SRT-8 (I think) looks like a FX45 on steriods with 470 lbs of torque and is under $40k. The Jaguar Conv. looks old. You can buy a Chevy Cavalier (Lists for $11k) with $4k cash back for the price of a Stage II upgrade.

Overall the show was excellent.

Old 11-09-2003, 07:36 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"Ultimate Sports Car- The Gallardo. The car is insane! Spent 20 minutes sitting in the car fantasizing about what it would be like to own it. For $175k, nothing compares. "

actually, everything compares - more favorably. reviews have been coming in about the numb feeling (typical audi) and lousy gearing.

top gear review/video

Last edited by ben, lj; 11-09-2003 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:18 AM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
sld, May I ask where the hell are the pics?

Old 11-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Parker is on a distinguished road
By any chance did you hear when the Dodge Magnum SRT-8 is coming out? I'm a big fan considering I've never liked a Dodge before.

Regarding the Phaeton, it just seems like it's lacking something in style. If I'm shopping for a luxury car, i want certain distinction. This car looks like a slightly longer Passat. The concept drawings are so much better than the real thing. They were at least on the right track. Don't get me wrong, too extreme isn't going to work either, but a new V-12 engine isn't worth $85k. Look at the rims too, so damn regular. Sorry to rant. Just my $0.02

Last edited by Parker; 11-09-2003 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:26 AM
flatsixnut will become famous soon enough
...so what the heck does this have to do with 996 Turbo/GT2 section?..

All of these off topic posts are really annoying at times.....no wonder this section has sooooo many posts.....its the only place anyone posts.

Last edited by flatsixnut; 11-09-2003 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:32 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by flatsixnut
...so what the heck does this have to do with 996 Turbo/GT2 section?..

All of these off topic posts are really annoying at times.....no wonder this section has sooooo many posts.....its the only place anyone posts.
Dude, chill out, anything really related to cars is fine here... everyone enjoyed reading about SEMA... If you don't like it, DON"T READ IT!!
ANYWAY:
Louis,
I was guna head there, but everyone said the show is usually weak in the past years...hum maybe I'll head down there today...
Evan

Old 11-09-2003, 10:43 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
I drove the Gallardo last week - it kicks the s**t out of the 360, which is what it was designed to do. My mostly stock TT is nearly as fast, but does not handle as well. My only beef is that the cener console has that "audi plastic-ky" look.

Old 11-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Evan, I thought it was the best one that they have had in years. They had some real interesting vehicles. If you go, check out the Cien.

Old 11-09-2003, 05:37 PM
flatsixnut will become famous soon enough
Kiss my *** kid.

Whats the point in having a "Off Topic " section if its not used. I get a little tired of sifting through threads that have nothing to do with the topic I am looking in.

Old 11-09-2003, 06:29 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by flatsixnut
Kiss my *** kid.

Whats the point in having a "Off Topic " section if its not used. I get a little tired of sifting through threads that have nothing to do with the topic I am looking in.

Whatever you say man, you have 25 posts, obviously you are not a contributing member on here, or aren't on here often, so how about you just shut you mouth. No reason to get pissed off, we are all here to learn and see cool stuff...
Evan

Old 11-09-2003, 06:41 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I would like everyone to cool the provocative language and get back to talking about Porsche's. It will make my job easier. Thanks for your cooperation.

Old 11-09-2003, 06:52 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami Auto Show

Originally posted by sld7
If someone told me that the VW 12-Cylinder Pheaton with an $85k price tag trounces every sedan on the market, I would have told them they were crazy. The car comes out Nov. 15th and is the most incredible sedan to come along in some time!
Interesting...

Sat in the Audi RS6 Biturbo 450Hp the other day, I think it will eat the Pheaton for lunch as far as the super exec/luxo sedans go...

Old 11-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by cjv
I would like everyone to cool the provocative language and get back to talking about Porsche's. It will make my job easier. Thanks for your cooperation.
Come on Chad, for once I didn't start somthing .
ANYWAY:
Louis, I am heading down there tomorrow to check it out...its "Senior Skip Day" at my school
CAN YOU SAY 4 DAY WEEKEND
Evan

Old 11-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Make sure you see the Cien, Pheaton and the Gallardo!

Old 11-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by sld7
Make sure you see the Cien, Pheaton and the Gallardo!
Will do...
Not sure what your schedual is like tomorrow, but I may be down there at *** tomorrow, if you aren't busy and wanna meet up there we could...
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.