996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Im quitting my job today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:06 AM
stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !
Im quitting my job today

Wish me luck!

You see I was in charge of building this company. I think it went very well. The CEO, my boss, is sadly the biggest problem the company has.

I don't hold grudges, and to each his own... But I'm done building the company for him. This time, it's for me. It may come as a shock but it's been a long time in the making. I feel a little bad because I've known the guy forever and we used to be good friends.

Here goes nothin!

Old 04-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
good move there's no point stayin when you're not happy make sure liabilities are low, be careful with non covenant to compete and if there's one convert that to $$$$ enough for you to retire if not, start your own company, good luck bro, been there 20 years ago and no regrets.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Banned
lesliegems will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by stilov
Wish me luck!

You see I was in charge of building this company. I think it went very well. The CEO, my boss, is sadly the biggest problem the company has.

I don't hold grudges, and to each his own... But I'm done building the company for him. This time, it's for me. It may come as a shock but it's been a long time in the making. I feel a little bad because I've known the guy forever and we used to be good friends.

Here goes nothin!
Good luck. I did the same thing 11 years ago except it was a company I built and owned controlling shares in.... but the work and partners it destroyed my life, health and friendships

Life is too short if he/she (boss) is using you and stressing you out

Build something for yourself and GL

Old 04-02-2014, 07:03 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
good luck man. i did the EXACT same thing in november. helped grow a national company. ran 5 offices on the east coast from (philly,chicago,boston,manhattan, baltimore). made awesome money. loved the job, and had a similar relationship with the boss (were real close in the beginning, etc etc).

Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 AM
stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !
Well I'm taking some employees too. So it'll be interesting.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:58 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Man, I've never worked in/for a company at all. I've always wondered what I'm missing out on. I get up every morning, walk 20 feet in my boxers to my office and sell all day on the phone...............I need to get out more!

Old 04-02-2014, 10:05 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Jerry McGuire?

Don't forget the fish.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Stilov...Big *****!

Everyone else, +1 and

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rob.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	354468  
Old 04-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
Thumbs up quitting..

Like MJ said just do it! and be guided by a good corporate lawyer to prevent future headache and so forth that's the least you need during a start up, be careful of issues like interference, trade secrets, company properties, etc.. Former boss can file a lawsuit (even unfounded) just to aggravate you it will be expensive to defend yourself plus the time you'll waste on never ending depositions,meetings,preparations of documents, etc.. it's a big hassle man so do it discreetly and good luck.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:13 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
It ain't personal, its just business

Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 PM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
So? How did it play out?

Old 04-02-2014, 08:32 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Good Luck,,things happen for a reason ,be positive.
I am glad I am retired and out of the working scene, even though it was a different type of work.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:17 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Good luck! I left my last job to start my own company a year and a half ago, but now that I'm done with that and ready to get a new permanent job, I'm finding it really hard to find a position unfortunately despite a top-notch resume/experience/skills (in IT/consulting/big data). The economy is still in the toilet.

Originally Posted by 2swoosh
be careful with non covenant to compete and if there's one convert that to $$$$ enough for you to retire if not, start your own company
Non-competes aren't worth the paper they're printed on. They cost companies more in legal fees to enforce them than they're ever worth in terms of damages.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:38 AM
Kinesis 996 is on a distinguished road
Used to be an employee, thought it freaking sucks with all the company's politics! On top of that you need to pay full tax, no write offs and deal with a so-so economy, I am from Vancouver B.C btw so is not as bad.

Decided to take a leap of faith, move back to Asia by myself knowing only 5 people there. My long term gf broken up with me, my family is back in North America, so is a one way street. Started my own business and work my *** off ever since then.

Now, 4 years later, in a tax heaven country, a very vibrant city, have a team of people under me, flying all over to close deals, my only regret was, why the hell i didn't do it earlier. Go figure.

Good luck and god speed.

PS: And plenty of beautiful women here. Gosh this is really a men's heaven!!

Last edited by Kinesis 996; 04-03-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Ya it's a risk but honestly the way the company was headed... Grim.

It went well, I left in good terms. I wasn't upfront regarding my next adventure. I signed no non compete and being as close to him as I was, let's just say... A lawsuit against me would be a bad decision. A little discovery would go a long way.

As far as kicking off, so many things lunged up yesterday it's unreal. We have a ways to go but a good start.

Not knowing when my next paycheck is coming is weird... I have a wife and 4 kids. Although, I feel absolutely great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Im quitting my job today