996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dead Battery - Yes I searched

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Because_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud of
Dead Battery - Yes I searched

So my battery is currently dead. I opened the fuse box to do access the positive terminal in the fuse box but it's actually pressed in flat... can't even pull it out with pliers as they slip off.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a work around?

From what I gather the only other option is to jack the car, pull the passenger side wheel open the fender liner and look for a tiny cable release... not looking forward to that.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Only been in there once or twice but IIRC the terminal in the fuse box extends when you push it in.

I would be sure you can not get that extended before going any other route.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:17 AM
Because_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud ofBecause_R4CEC4R has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Macster
Only been in there once or twice but IIRC the terminal in the fuse box extends when you push it in.

I would be sure you can not get that extended before going any other route.
Sadly I tried to no avail, that bastard of a plug seems jammed. Short of drilling it so I can hook it out... Which I might be doing at this rate.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:39 PM
p556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud of
if i recall mine just came out with a little pull.

Can you get to the cable for the engine lid? There's a + terminal in there too.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Plug a 12 volt DC power supply into the lighter socket. Then press the hood unlock switch. ...Then you can do whatever you want from the actual battery.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:33 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slider
Plug a 12 volt DC power supply into the lighter socket. Then press the hood unlock switch. ...Then you can do whatever you want from the actual battery.
+1 good advice

Old 09-14-2014, 01:55 PM
I did actually try the lighter plug approach but it errored for some reason. I finally found the emergency cable release that's hidden behind the passenger's side headlight assembly. Needed a scope to be able to see it well enough to get the coat hanger hooked around to pull.

The good news is I got in. If anyone wonders past this thread with the same problem one day there is an emergency release cable that comes out of the side of the frunk compartment into the wheel well.

1. Jack the car up high enough to max out the suspension on the passenger's side. This will allow you the room to work.

2. Remove the front fender liner to access the area behind the front bumper area.

3. Through all the wires and piping past the headlight assembly. If you're lucky you will see a bit of the tiny silver wire at the back against the trunk wall.

4. Bend the end of a coat hanger into a small hook (to big and you won't be able to maneuver it around).

5. Hook, pull and release.

6. Put everything back and realize that you never want to go through this again.

Note: This cable is on the passengers side only, there are no other easy ways to do this if you cannot use the fuse panel method or the charge through the cigarette lighter socket option.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:15 AM
p556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ~eXo~
Note: This cable is on the passengers side only, there are no other easy ways to do this if you cannot use the fuse panel method or the charge through the cigarette lighter socket option.
Just FYI, I think the rear one is behind the driver-side taillight

Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 AM
jeffhosford is on a distinguished road
try this first

Locate the fuse for the hood/trunk release
pull the fuse
get two wires and strip both ends of wires.
separate wires and attach one end of each wire to positive side of the jump box
ground attach to door hinge (gently or it will scratch)

stick one wire on each side of the fuse plug.
turn jump box on
uses both switches and open hood and trunk.
now track down stupid release lines and relocate to a sane place for the next time.