996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thanks Markski

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:56 AM
levinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Markski

I just wanted to give an update and thank Markski for the countless email correspondence to help me get my car running correctly.
Over the last few months I have run a series of Durametric data logs and emailed to Markski for review.
My car has K16 billets, injectors, ipd plenum, Kline exhaust, BMC air filter, Sach 2.5 clutch kit, denso 3245 gapped at 0.025".

Initially my car had a lunging/jerking at WOT that was very difficult to fix.

There were multiple boost leaks and I could fix the diverter valve (replaced with upgraded OEM) and loose fitting at plenum. I was unable to reach the largest leak which was caused by my previous mechanic not seating the intake runner correctly when re-installing the engine. He made many mistakes so I am not going back to him.
Now it holds 20 psi for more than 20 seconds.

Finally I bit the bullet and replaced the original MAF and O2 sensors with Bosch as well as the spark plugs(olds ones installed before the turbo upgrade about 7000 miles ago denso IK22 gapped at 0.032") with denso 3245 gapped at 0.025".

I just made a 3rd gear data pull this morning and the results were great with very smooth acceleration and full boost up to redline.

Markski helped me through all of the above and without his help it would not have happened. I am very grateful for all of his help and his passion for the 996TT.

Markski, your customer support is second to none!

Thanks again!
Jim

Old 05-09-2015, 08:56 AM
levinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to behold
Forgot to mention that I installed 997.2 intercoolers.
I had to go back to oem boost hoses to eliminate the issue of a boost leak and possibility of the aftermarket forge hose popping off.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
The great thing about Mark is the very fact that he is very willing to help out people that are not even his clients. So many people or even shops botch things up and mark is on here helping people not just like so many vendors on here just looking for an opportunity to flog a product or service and thats it!

A++ for Mark again!

Old 05-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it.
It takes a little more more effort then a OTC tune and some used k16 billets to make the car run right. My business practice is to give full support and make sure everything from data logs to boost leak tests is on the money. Something as simple as a failing Maf can cause so much trouble. 8 out of 10 clients I tune have issues. I believe stepping up by helping to identify and fix them is my responsibility because I know the shops never do.
Best
Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL