996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where did the side intake scoop thread go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Hey guys, good news...Joe has signed up as a sponsor and would be posting but his account rep messed up his sponsor status so I had to ask him to wait until it is fixed...in any event he should be back on in the morning and the original thread will be back up in the 996 Turbo/GT2 vendor section so everyone can talk openly about pricing and how to purchase,,,thanks for understanding

Old 11-17-2015, 10:03 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Hey guys, just a quick update. I just talked with Joe Toth and he paid the sponsor fee and was good to go to start posting more information according to the sponsor salesperson that set his account up. After he posted earlier today, moderator GT3 Chuck shut him down again and removed his post for some inexplicable reason, something to the effect that he's not a "real" vendor. Makes me wanna ask, WTF? Joe is a little bewildered by it too and rightfully so.

With that said, after discussing it with Joe, he will be adding a layer of uniform fiber matt to the inside of the scoops to make the interior more esthetically pleasing. The inside will not be smooth but it will be a nice even texture like the back of his dive planes. If one were to want the insides perfectly smooth, you could spend a couple of hours with body filler and sandpaper to achieve that prior to painting.

Next was the topic of the double sided tape attachment. Joe has the industrial 3M tape that I posted the link to and he used 3 small pieces on the scoops to attach them to the test car. According to Joe, the scoops were on there for about 10 minutes and he tried pulling on them and nearly pulled out the factory inlets from the car. Mind you that the adhesion improves with more time. With that said, I do not see any problem with using just the 3M industrial tape. The only glitch is the availability of the 3M Industrial tape in small packages as it is only sold in 50' rolls. Joe will contact 3M tomorrow to see if they can package the tape for Joe in 5' sections on individual small spools so he could sell those individually with the scoops. If they can't do that, my suggestion would be to source said tape from any good automotive body shop which would be able to sell you whatever you need from the main spool. Hopefully this sponsor mess will be solved soon and Joe can post again.

Edit: Looks like Chuck chimed in while I was typing so Joe should be back in front of the mic tomorrow. Thanks for getting this done Chuck..

Last edited by pwdrhound; 11-17-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Yeah the IB guys really screwed this up royally...and they still haven't fixed it even though I sent another request...still trying

Old 11-18-2015, 12:01 PM
Administrator
I was finally able to find out what happened and Joe was without fault and was caught in a communication problem between myself and IB. It seems they created a new vendor category with limited ability and no sponsor banner...problem is, they didn't bother to inform me...I really feel like a dumbass...thank you IB...

Here is The original thread with all the info that is now located in the vendor area where a full discussion of pricing and process can be discussed...please welcome Joe to the forum

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ower-iats.html

Old 11-18-2015, 04:19 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry but the advertiser price is outrageous for a little one off part guy like Joe or I. I tried to negotiate a lower price, but that was off the table. You might pass that message on for us little guys Chuck.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:26 PM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
Sorry but the advertiser price is outrageous for a little one off part guy like Joe or I. I tried to negotiate a lower price, but that was off the table. You might pass that message on for us little guys Chuck.
A couple of other forums im on have trader and 'hobbyist' sections for smaller traders, maybe thats an option

Old 11-18-2015, 04:46 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
On the topic of these scoops - who would actually tape this onto the side of their car? Not sure how much functionality there really is, but they do not look good. I know it is subjective, but they look like the Fast and the Furious add-ons to me.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:53 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by leftlane
On the topic of these scoops - who would actually tape this onto the side of their car? Not sure how much functionality there really is, but they do not look good. I know it is subjective, but they look like the Fast and the Furious add-ons to me.
Sounds like this product is not for you.. Everyone's tastes are different. These were not designed for bling at cars&coffee but for function at the track.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:24 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
The GT4 scoops look awesome. I see Joe has them up on eBay. Very cool!

djcooper@rennkit.com

Old 11-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor
Joe Toth is a jewel in the roughJoe Toth is a jewel in the roughJoe Toth is a jewel in the roughJoe Toth is a jewel in the rough
It would appear the initial buying rush for the scoops is over. Thank you to those brave adventuresome souls willing to experiment and break new ground. The price for the inlet scoops has now officially gone up.
Thank you all for your support and input.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:31 PM
TheDeckMan will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Joe Toth
It would appear the initial buying rush for the scoops is over. Thank you to those brave adventuresome souls willing to experiment and break new ground. The price for the inlet scoops has now officially gone up.
Thank you all for your support and input.

Cannot wait to get them :beer: