996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Complete Ruf R550 Installation/Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 08:45 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
I do join the RUF front bumper Club.
I ordered it and it will be installed next week. I did also order a 6GT3 CUP lip from Porsche Weissach, which is way more cheaper than the 6GT3/RS ones.
Hopefully the downforce is noticeable on the track.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:40 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
So the pumper is mounted now. The fit is...tight and not perfect.
My shop did mount the cup lip completely out of line.... very annoying!

Now my bumper will look like a swizz cheese underneath..

Old 01-29-2018, 07:52 AM
here is the picture. The bumper will now be wrapped in blue of course.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6503.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	520030  
Old 02-10-2018, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
here is the picture. The bumper will now be wrapped in blue of course.
finally got my baby back from the wrap guy.
I like it. Smurf it!!!

Old 02-10-2018, 09:55 AM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
Love the results of the wrap especially where you did black on edge in the inlets. Makes each opening look visually larger.

All of these make me what to mount my "in the box" RUF RTurbo 550 HP kit to a new 996TT donor car. Hmmm... Decisions, Decisions

Old 02-10-2018, 11:16 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Very nice!!!! Love it!!!

Old 02-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by jpflip
Very nice!!!! Love it!!!
thx alot. Its alot of work to make all the radiators und stuff fit. You need some skilled mech for sure.

Old 02-10-2018, 01:44 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !

thx alot. Its alot of work to make all the radiators und stuff fit. You need some skilled mech for sure.
But the result is amazing!!!!

Old 02-10-2018, 04:07 PM
06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future
I have literally read every thread and post related to the RUF bumper install. I'm going to pull the trigger on one here probably this summer.

Can you elaborate a little as to where it fits tight and not perfect.
So the pumper is mounted now. The fit is...tight and not perfect. .......
Is this because the step by step directions are vague, or did you have issues flipping the front radiator? Did your body shop have to fab any brackets to make the chimney duct mount properly?

What's your next step??

Old 02-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by 06Turbo
I have literally read every thread and post related to the RUF bumper install. I'm going to pull the trigger on one here probably this summer.

Can you elaborate a little as to where it fits tight and not perfect.

Is this because the step by step directions are vague, or did you have issues flipping the front radiator? Did your body shop have to fab any brackets to make the chimney duct mount properly?

What's your next step??
On my car it was tight. Can be different on yours. But its alot of work. So go ahead and do it. You wont regret it.
My next step is to mount the 996 Cup lip right, then iam done.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:54 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
RUF installed this bumper on my car when they built it 15 years ago. All the parts underneath are OEM GT2 including the hoses. I've had the bumper off numerous times and fit and finish is OEM. Best I can tell, the bumper cover is made by the same German company that makes the OEM bumpers. I don't know is the retrofit bumpers are identical or if the manufacturer is still the same as years ago. Just my experience...

Old 02-12-2018, 01:47 AM
Hi John,

once it fits..its good. But needs alot of adjustement, well thats what my mech said. That you wont here anything of that by RUF itself should be clear.
Probably it feels easy, when you don it 100 times.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:18 PM
911mhawk is on a distinguished road
Hi John,

once it fits..its good. But needs alot of adjustement, well thats what my mech said. That you wont here anything of that by RUF itself should be clear.
Probably it feels easy, when you don it 100 times.
How much did the RUF run you?
I have a GT2 wind and am contemplating adding the ruf front and it this next winter.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, what is the part number for the GT3 CUP lip? Thx!

Old 02-12-2018, 06:03 PM
jcam is a splendid one to beholdjcam is a splendid one to beholdjcam is a splendid one to beholdjcam is a splendid one to beholdjcam is a splendid one to beholdjcam is a splendid one to beholdjcam is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Glad to hear that RUF is making the front bumper again. That's a great color you have there. Good luck with your project! I'm partial to blue myself. What RUF parts are you installing?

Here is my lapis blau RUF 550 Rturbo from about 5 years ago before it was stripped of most of the RUF parts. RUF built the car with basically everything that was available in their catalogue except the integrated roll cage. It had the following parts:

RUF 550 engine
RUF ECU
RUF exhaust
RUF suspension
RUF brakes
RUF wheels
RUF wheel studs
RUF wheel spacers
RUF front strut brace
RUF front bumper
RUF rear wing
RUF door sills
RUF mirrors
RUF shifter
RUF SSK
RUF steering wheel
RUF floor mats
RUF pedals
RUF badging
RUF certificate of authenticity

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Dyzvem]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Eo5hm4]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EkRwvA]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Eo5hAn]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EwivZr]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Eo5hzF]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EtZ4rf]
Curious as to why the Ruf goodies were stripped off?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Complete Ruf R550 Installation/Project