996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid racing ripped me off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 02:48 PM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
Old 05-09-2016, 02:59 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Wow, not so good.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:12 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Only reason you don't want the studs is because you bought 12mm?! How about because the ARP studs are known to be barely better than stock and are worthless on a performance build? It's sad when you are somehow expected to go over pictures with a magnifying glass looking for the gotchas vs dealing with a reputable vendor that wouldn't think of selling you something you can't use. A friend was pretty interested in that motor but couldn't swing it because of other needs, he and I both looked over their ad with interest. I'd have never guessed it was a pig in a poke and I'm glad he didn't spend money on it.

Does Dan still work for them? I don't think I've seen him post lately but he always seemed knowledgable and I can't imagine he would've let this happen. Yes time has passed but you've been posting and working to find a solution for awhile too. They apparently didn't mind sitting on those liners for ages...

Old 05-09-2016, 04:21 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Oh, Dan is still around. He goes on spamming sprees on the 996TT facebook group now and again.

To be honest, Im not sure anyone at Vivid would be able to tell what was wrong with that setup anyway. Im local and went to visit them. They dont have a shop component really and its basically a warehouse/reseller operation. Half of their place is cubicles housing their 'reps'. I have no real experience with them (good or bad) to be fair.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:44 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear this bro and agree vivid is a rip off. I work offshore too so understand how easily things can get out of place between hitches. I hope the rest of ur build goes smoothly.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
the reality is vivid wont do anything because they dont have to. the timeline is so extreme due to the o/p work schedule it all but clears vivid from any fault. being across the world doesnt help.

because darton is willing the best way to go is replace the bad liners at the best cost they can give you and move forward.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Never Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of lightNever Enough is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear that, I hope they step up and realize it is unreasonable for them to hold you accountable in this situation.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:53 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
That's unfortunate, I haven't dealt with them recently but Dan sold me a number of parts a few years back. The experience was always pleasant. However, you are right about them essentially drop shipping a lot of their orders from the manufacture or a regional distributor.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:22 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Sketchy at best. My dealings with them on some 996TT parts including a plenum were horrible. Would never seal with them again. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Gunther, wrong again...this thread will not be closed by me...it might be closed by IB...not much I can do about that and not much I can do to help the op because he left us out of the loop...if he would have contacted us (mods) earlier we may have been able to intercede...now the damage has been done, Vivid is suitably embarrassed and nothing will get fixed...personally, I don't like flame threads because it takes away any opportunity for me to intercede and try to help the member...they just **** off the perp and steel them against putting forth any effort to make it right

Old 05-09-2016, 09:39 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Chuck, I get what you are saying but feedback threads are also good to help others decide whether they want to use a vendor or not (ie a couple of shops that have taken people's money and nothing was done). Just look at the reviews on NASIOC. Yes, you get some people just fanning the flames but its useful in determining where you put your money which is especially pertinent when you are talking about parts that can cost thousands of dollars.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:58 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
I'll never order from Vivid...I make it a point of not sending my hard earned money to companies that do this to fellow members. Sorry to hear and good luck.

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
...not much I can do about that and not much I can do to help the op because he left us out of the loop...if he would have contacted us (mods) earlier we may have been able to intercede...now the damage has been done, Vivid is suitably embarrassed and nothing will get fixed...personally, I don't like flame threads because it takes away any opportunity for me to intercede and try to help the member...they just **** off the perp and steel them against putting forth any effort to make it right
?????

Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Banned
996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute
Vivid has been trying to sell that 4.0 stroker block for years. That thing is a POS and you need to get your money back. Seems like there is tons of issues in those pics.

ARP doesnt make inconel studs lol.

Last edited by 996tt550hp; 05-10-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:00 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
...they just **** off the perp and steel them against putting forth any effort to make it right
Oh, I dunno, I think threads like this are great. They publicly test the vendor.

There are 2 sides to every story, but going by what we have heard, what fawking right does Vivid have to "steel" themselves? They f...ed up on several levels and they would show their true quality (not to mention cojones) if they came through now and said:"Sorry. We messed up. What can we now do to put things right?"

By "steeling" themselves, they'd show their true attitude (So we f...ed up. F.U.) - and that is one that most here would not want to deal with in any way, shape, or form.

Your offer to help (by keeping this out of the limelight) is admirable and reflects positively on you, but it won't help the next customers who get screwed.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:10 AM
e8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the rough
Gunther, wrong again...this thread will not be closed by me...it might be closed by IB...not much I can do about that and not much I can do to help the op because he left us out of the loop...if he would have contacted us (mods) earlier we may have been able to intercede...now the damage has been done, Vivid is suitably embarrassed and nothing will get fixed...personally, I don't like flame threads because it takes away any opportunity for me to intercede and try to help the member...they just **** off the perp and steel them against putting forth any effort to make it right
Well I didn't know 6SO offers any service like that, it's comforting to know you do and had I of known, I would have tried that route.

Buying from a board sponsor on a thread with no other observations other than enquiries to buy did give me some confidence, however Vivid's sponsorshop dollars do kinda place 6SO in their corner, so it doesn't fill me with any confidence to approach the board when anything goes wrong. It's been stressful and frustrating enough as it is, without potentially taking on more of the same.

Thanks for keeping the thread up though, much appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.