996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid racing ripped me off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 05:51 PM
602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future602996TT has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear this I remember seeing that engine at Vivid before they lost me as a customer and at that time it wasn't even covered in plastic all the way back then. There is a reason Dan no longer comes on his forum only his reps post stuff now. I got burned by Vivid too I even saved all my emails of the excuses that place is so shady, I got great service at first then when things went wrong Dan would make excuses why he wasn't responsible. I wish you luck but unfortunately I don't see Vivid/Dan making this right. Did you pay with credit card because if so you may want to call you may still be able to file a dispute even though its been a while if you have sufficient proof you may be able to get some $ back? Good Luck

Old 05-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Olemiss540 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about the issues OP, can only imagine having to explain to the wife a piece of scrap metal I paid 11k for......

Chuck,

That is refreshing, and I am sure this will be helpful for members as i wouldnt have thought of contacting a moderator either.

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I appreciate that, Gunther...I need to amplify my comments some since I didn't mean to add to the op's bad experience...I also did not mean that threads like this are not helpful to members...let me say that we expect the very best from our vendors in product quality and service and sometimes they miss the mark...in this particular instance it looks like they missed the planet....I only meant that we like to have a shot to make things right before an issue hits the forum...hope the op can get some remedy

Old 05-11-2016, 12:03 AM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Dan Mermelstein posted on the Facebook 996 Turbo thread...trying to sell some K16 billet turbo upgrades to folks. I found it necessary to post a link to this thread here. Dan replied and said "One sided story..." Then proceeded to delete the thread later. I guess I can't blame him. LOL

Old 05-11-2016, 03:25 AM
e8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the rough
With the help of some other vendors on this board my build is continuing with quality replacement parts, it's a shame that the decent vendors have to compete for business with the unscrupulous. I don't want to mention their names because they deserve better than to have their names appear in a flaming thread such as this, but they are credit to 6SO as frankly I wouldn't be in touch with them had it not been for this board and the recommendations, likewise nor would i have come across Vivid.

Bored LA Liners are now on their way along with some proper studs, so should soon be ready for assembly. Obviously i'll be opening, checking, balancing and replacing anything else that is required for piece of mind, so I will get a good result, albeit at additional cost to myself.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:07 AM
schwarz is on a distinguished road
OP, so sorry to hear about what happened to you.

But I also want to share my experience dealing with Vivid (since a lot of us seems to have had).

I'll start off with saying that it wasn't a very pleasant experience. In the initial PM's that I had, he started doing background checks on me as if I'm going to cheat him off his money.

But it turns out that the parts he sent me did not fit, even after I have questioned him about fitment before purchasing.

And even though I have notified him that I work overseas from the beginning and that it would take some time for me to see the item and install it on my car, he had nothing else to respond except that I've exceeded the cut off time for making any claims or returns.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:57 AM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
It's amazing to me that a company would spend so much on advertising and promotion and then throw it away by failing to settle a customer issue like this...

Sure, we're hearing only one side of the story, but it's well-articulated and credible. The silence (here) from Vivid speaks volumes.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:06 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
OP.

So glad you are on your way. You should start a new thread about your build, share pics and give credit to those that deserve it so we in turn can support great folks like that.

Cheers.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Our priority is to resolve the issue with the customer, which we are in process of doing. Once our customer is whole and happy we can address any further concerns in the community. Thank you all for your years of support.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:10 AM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Vivid, I have no skin in this. But why hang your customer out so long where he has no choice but to air / alert other members. Reputation is earned which will generate additional sales...and sales will vaporize too. But then I'm sure you already know that.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Our priority is to resolve the issue with the customer, which we are in process of doing. Once our customer is whole and happy we can address any further concerns in the community. Thank you all for your years of support.
your priority was to unload a motor in pieces to any customer you could get to buy it. the fact this customer was thousands of miles away and unable to deal with you in person only heighten your ability to blow this customer off and keep his money. it wasnt until this thread showed up and you finally realize the WORLD is much smaller on the internet and theres no place for you to hide the shamefull way you treated this guy and who knows how many others.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:24 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
The scary thing to me is all the dirt that came up from just this one incident. Other forums with folks having similar issues and the amount on here with issues.

No thanks, too many other great vendors with flawless track records in customer service, I will choose to take my business elsewhere.

Hey Vivid maybe you all ought to call up Sambo and hire him on a consulting basis to help you out.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:47 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
The scary thing to me is all the dirt that came up from just this one incident. Other forums with folks having similar issues and the amount on here with issues.

No thanks, too many other great vendors with flawless track records in customer service, I will choose to take my business elsewhere.

Hey Vivid maybe you all ought to call up Sambo and hire him on a consulting basis to help you out.
Yep! Sam's the man. He'll be getting all of my mod money (where possible).

Old 05-11-2016, 10:19 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully this thread does not get shut down.

To the OP, thanks for sharing your terrible experience with Vivid Racing on the forums. Vendor reputation is extremely important, and sadly, Vivid fall flat on so many occasions (not with me personally, but with firsthand experience from many friends complaining about Vivid vowing never to do business with them ever again).

Not sure if there is a way to ban a sponsored vendor, but I have heard nothing good about Vivid Racing with all the car communities. The s2000 forums s2ki.com has banned them from their forums from multiple repeated offenses of ripping off and screwing the the s2k community and probably other reasons we don't really know.

Vivid, it seems like it's too late to fix your rep now. Maybe our small community to boycott you guys won't put you out of business, but hopefully it teaches you guys a lesson to be learned. Unfortunately, it does not seem like you've learned your lesson from other forums. If ever Vivid decides to rename itself another company due too it's long history of poor customer service, hopefully this community of enthusiasts will continue to keep us informed to stay away from these guys in the future.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:19 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
your priority was to unload a motor in pieces to any customer you could get to buy it. the fact this customer was thousands of miles away and unable to deal with you in person only heighten your ability to blow this customer off and keep his money. it wasnt until this thread showed up and you finally realize the WORLD is much smaller on the internet and theres no place for you to hide the shamefull way you treated this guy and who knows how many others.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Their priority is to try to contain this fire THEY started. Not because they're an honest business but because they got caught and called out publicly. This is the sad part if they are indeed, trying to make it right. To be perfectly honest, the only way to do so is to refund this guy 100% of what he paid. They clearly unloaded trash parts to him on purpose.

I just really appreciate the OP for bringing his situation into light. My money will continue to go to Sean and Sam and I will advise anyone else I come across to do the same. Avoid VIVID like the plague!

Last edited by BauerR; 05-12-2016 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:58 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by techweenie
It's amazing to me that a company would spend so much on advertising and promotion and then throw it away by failing to settle a customer issue like this...

Sure, we're hearing only one side of the story, but it's well-articulated and credible. The silence (here) from Vivid speaks volumes.

Does this name not bring you back right into our old DPI days?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.