996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

AEM infinity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Enclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to behold
AEM infinity

Hoping to create a thread for users of AEM infinity. Been messing around with mine for a few weeks and while the basemap will get you started and driving there are several tweaks that can be made for better driveability. Hoping that any users can share impressions and tuning tips.

My first impressions is that I like the ease of installation with the PnP harness and the basemap (car starts up and drives right away) but had to make adjustments to idle, accel/decel fuel, and DBW pid settings to get things right. I have a LWFW so that could contribute to those tweaks vs the basemap.

Love the logging features though with the USB logging. Having the ECU log every second without a laptop is something that I loved on my previous standalone (Pectel SQ6).

Old 05-24-2016, 05:28 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Will be very interested in your experiences. I came pretty close to buying one and spoke with the engineers at AEM but ended up with a proEFI. Did you go with any additional sensors? I can't figure out why cruise doesn't work with the AEM Does PSM still work? It's a good company, I look forward to seeing folks jump in and share!

Old 05-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Enclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to beholdEnclavet is a splendid one to behold
Nope no additional sensors. Keeping the MAF for now, otherwise I would need to plumb a MAP sensor for speed density. Doesnt seem that AEM even has cruise control built in, considering they use the cruise control stalk to control maps and traction control/launch control.

PSM works but I believe only with the yaw control braking. I took a corner pretty hot and felt the PSM activate the brakes to help rotate the car but did not cut throttle. It does not cut throttle since the AEM is in control of that.