996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT Budget Full Bolt-On Street Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 01:28 PM
SpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to all
Very Nice!! Didn't you just purchase this TPC car? Great car! I saw you post on rennlist about it. My username on Rennlist is Immelman.

Thanks

Old 10-20-2021, 01:43 PM
Bugeater is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SpeedAddict
Very Nice!! Didn't you just purchase this TPC car? Great car! I saw you post on rennlist about it. My username on Rennlist is Immelman.

Thanks
Yes I did! A TON of high $$$ parts, not just the motor but the suspension, still learning the platform since the original owner wasn't really a hands-on guy and couldn't speak to all the modifications. Been mainly addressing the fueling issues, but the electronic suspension and DSC tech on deck. Has some pretty trick Tractive DDA setup with a DSC controller that I haven't even touched... bought sight unseen off BAT. Only thing it didn't have (unfortunately) in the build is upgrade the studs to 12mm. Bummed about that but...

Old 10-20-2021, 01:55 PM
SpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to allSpeedAddict is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Bugeater
Yes I did! A TON of high $$$ parts, not just the motor but the suspension, still learning the platform since the original owner wasn't really a hands-on guy and couldn't speak to all the modifications. Been mainly addressing the fueling issues, but the electronic suspension and DSC tech on deck. Has some pretty trick Tractive DDA setup with a DSC controller that I haven't even touched... bought sight unseen off BAT. Only thing it didn't have (unfortunately) in the build is upgrade the studs to 12mm. Bummed about that but...
WOW!!! I just looked at the BAT auction on your car. You got a hell of a deal on that buy! Congrats!!

Old 10-22-2021, 01:32 PM
Curious,
When are transmission upgrades needed I wonder- what horsepower threshold?

I know there are a couple 1200-1500hp guys in here... bueller?

Old 10-22-2021, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bugeater
Curious,
When are transmission upgrades needed I wonder- what horsepower threshold?

I know there are a couple 1200-1500hp guys in here... bueller?
Trans is pretty stout except for 3rd gear which is a weak link. It seems most elect to change the 1-3 gears along with main shaft to the GT2 variation. This takes care of two birds. The gear ratios are better and the third gear has a little more meat on it as well. That’s what I will be doing.

I would not be surprised if TPC had already done this to your trans. I would check with them before you tear it down…

Last edited by SpeedAddict; 10-22-2021 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedAddict
Trans is pretty stout except for 3rd gear which is a weak link. It seems most elect to change the 1-3 gears along with main shaft to the GT2 variation. This takes care of two birds. The gear ratios are better and the third gear has a little more meat on it as well. That’s what I will be doing.

I would not be surprised if TPC had already done this to your trans. I would check with them before you tear it down…
I have all receipts on the build and nothing on transmission. Just an upgrade to 997 shifter.

What is the approx cost of your gt2 main and 1-3 upgrade?

Old 11-15-2021, 05:19 PM
boosted996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can’t wait to see where this thread goes