996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Keeping you all updated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:50 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
didnt lock the motor up, motor ran fine with the bent rods and leaky HG, I drove it 1500kms thinking it was the exhaust rattling.

only had a puff of brown smoke and the check engine light flashed twice when the head gasket leaked bending the rods.

had it checked out when i returned to queensland was told its either a loose IMS gear or a scavenge pump everyone was very surprised when it turned out to be bent rods.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:52 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
Tim while your motor is apart you should go through your heads. If you are having them ported then great. If not you should take the valves out and smooth out the casting flash and fix some of the valve seat to aluminum transitions with some sanding rolls. It is easy to do and will get you good gains as some of the flash and transitions on mine were pretty bad. Get a valve job at a normal shop that is used to working on import cars, no need for a specific Porsche shop, the valves are the same as any other car.
ill look into cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.