996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 slave mod installation....help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Lb4lb911 is a name known to allLb4lb911 is a name known to allLb4lb911 is a name known to allLb4lb911 is a name known to allLb4lb911 is a name known to allLb4lb911 is a name known to all
GT2 slave mod installation....help!

So I'm in the process of putting things back on the car and am running into some trail and error situations. To those that have some knowledge with this setup can you please clarify several things for me?

1. Around the bellhosing where to new gt2 slave accumulator is placed, one of the 2 existing hoses is replaced and plugged back into the new gt2 setup and other one remains unplugged correct? In other words the one unplugged should be sealed via bolt and clamp?

One of the threads I am following
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tructions.html

A bit confused because on this thread both hoses are crimped and plugged. To my understanding one has to be plugged back onto the new gt2 slave. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. For the power steering reservoir Lid, I need clarification which to plug. There are labels located on each, "P", "A", "T2" and "T1". Do I need to plug "P", ""A" and "T2" and reconnect "T1"? Please again correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...onversion.html

Also do I need to removed the drive gear coupler for this mod? I came across another thread and it was advice.

Any help appreciated!!

Old 12-23-2016, 09:59 AM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
You get rid of those of the lines that go to the engine. Only hose that remains in the one going to the line from the clutch master cylinder. Plug both lines at the pump and remove them from the engine. Also you will need to remove the coupler from.the power steering pump. It's a pita to do but if you don't the pump will whine and wear out.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:00 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Take the power steering pump off and remove the coupler. You should be able to remove the lines from there. Plug the holes at the pump or ps fluid res. Careful with the fluid I think it is corrosive to paint.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:04 AM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
First of all, you must remove the drive coupler.

1. The Gt2 slave should only have one hose connected, and thats the one coming from the clutch master.
There are two pipes going backwards to the servopump, preferably remove these. but they can also be plugged so any oil left dosnt spill.

You do use the original gt2 clutch slave or what item are you using?

2. yes, T1 is the only one still in use after this conversion.
The pipe going to P is coming from the back of the servopump, and you can remove this pipe completely and plug it at the pump itself.
like this photo shows
Name:  powersteeringmod001.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  67.1 KB

Its really important that you remove the drive coupler because of this.

I used two plastic plugs and on the T2 i removed the sealing rings, threaded and plugged it as there can be some pressure there coming from the servo return T1.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
Take the power steering pump off and remove the coupler. You should be able to remove the lines from there. Plug the holes at the pump or ps fluid res. Careful with the fluid I think it is corrosive to paint.
It eats rubber, and conviently under the servo pump are the main water hose and the serpentine belt.

So any spillage must be flushed away with lots of water

Old 12-23-2016, 10:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I will offer this - I was the first person I know of on these forums to ever do the GT2 non assist conversion, that was back in 2007 and there were none of the easy "kits" available at that time. I wrote about it back then and slowly others tried it. It was a few years until it started to become popular. We did it the old school, original way by drilling and tapping, mirror reverse fork, etc. and did not remove the PS pump coupler. Since then I have put approx. 80,000 miles this clutch package and I have never had any issues with the PS pump or any noise from the pump. It functions perfectly. I actually had a whinning noise prior to the GT clutch conversion and it disappeared ever since we did the conversion. I'm not saying that leaving the coupler in is a good idea, only that I have suffered no ill consequences by doing so (with a lot of usage).

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 12-24-2016, 07:37 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Out of curiosity, John, what did you do with the pressure/return lines?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Steve, my tech did it and I believe he removed the un-used lines and capped at the outlets, but I am not 100% certain. It's been a long time....

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 12-24-2016, 10:14 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Could cause additional drag from the ps pump. It's like 10 minutes of work to remove the coupler if the pump is out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.