996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bendable tubing for bigger intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 02:04 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
I have one welded up I can sell if anyone wants it, along with the silicon part for the turbos.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:17 PM
r0nd3L is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
I have one welded up I can sell if anyone wants it, along with the silicon part for the turbos.
Pics?

Old 02-21-2017, 04:58 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
That duct looks like it would work well for brakes!

Old 02-21-2017, 05:09 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
It would, light and strong. Smooth inside.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I tried to do this as the Markski pipes are over priced despite his objections.. I never found a suitable solution and Markski doesn't sell the soft pipes separate. I wound up buying a set of Markski pipes second hand for $400 but there are no markings on the tubes so I still can't find them. They are 2.5 inch. I was going to try this but found the used pipes before I did: http://www.cleancraft.com/50ft-Vacuu...vh-c5025bl.htm
With all due respect, it costs me more then $400 to make the kit let alone sell it for that.. try to make the aluminum intake with a fabricator, I bet you will be at $800 just for that part. I do offer an immense amount of support and help to my loyal clients but at the same time I am not the Red Cross.

best,
Markksi

ps. the money is in intake part...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-21-2017, 06:13 PM
It is a beautiful part for sure. Maybe more than it needs to be though.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:35 PM
This is what I used on my last setup, $250 for this stuff. The tubes are racecar canvas stuff, very strong. I put conduit and pvc tape around it to prevent rubbing. It worked well. The tubes aren't very smooth inside, the grey ones are much better. It is a bit heavy, Markski's part is feather weight compared to mine though, I am glad I got it for 400.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170221_183510.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	646.0 KB
ID:	470254  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=brnrdtns;4610120]It is a beautiful part for sure. Maybe more than it needs to be though

I'm manufacturing them and to date I've sold at least 300.
Most clients by other parts and or tuning and I always hook them up. But it is made in America per order one off and my fabricator gets real wages

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 02-22-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:12 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Thx for all your imput guys. After a little searching i found a company which sells tubings in all variations. I will order one there.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
This is what I used on my last setup, $250 for this stuff. The tubes are racecar canvas stuff, very strong. I put conduit and pvc tape around it to prevent rubbing. It worked well. The tubes aren't very smooth inside, the grey ones are much better. It is a bit heavy, Markski's part is feather weight compared to mine though, I am glad I got it for 400.
Right. Your replacing 32lbs for 5lbs. it's not all about the "vacuum" as some tend to say. It's about the functionality and ease of installation without need to drop the motor like with hard pipes ( I make them too ) but I don't like them.
As I mentioned, to fabricate that aluminum intake takes time and money. I tried various hoses years ago and ended up with this this. It's 2.5" ID , pretty smooth, and bends well. Haven't had any issues due to heat. Take a knife it will rip but the purpose is to install it once and move on.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:22 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning

With all due respect, it costs me more then $400 to make the kit let alone sell it for that.. try to make the aluminum intake with a fabricator, I bet you will be at $800 just for that part. I do offer an immense amount of support and help to my loyal clients but at the same time I am not the Red Cross.

best,
Markksi

ps. the money is in intake part...
Those are beautiful assemblies!

Old 03-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Kerma996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
Thx for all your imput guys. After a little searching i found a company which sells tubings in all variations. I will order one there.

Any update on this? Would love to hear what you bought, experience with installation and performance so far.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:18 PM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Old 03-09-2017, 08:05 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
I had the soft steel spiral reinforced tubing on my car for 40K miles and 12 years. Looked a little rough on the outside but was still fully functional. I switched to the 1/4" thick hard plastic 2.75" ID tubing. It's bullet proof but requires an engine drop for the install. Even with that it's a pain to install and get the alignment perfect but it's well worth it in my opinion. If your engine is coming out I'd do the hard tubing if not the soft tubing is well proven..

Old 03-11-2017, 02:47 PM
The blue grey tubing is tough an it is the smoothest inside. After installing Markski's parts I've come full circle. I think it is worth it. It fits perfectly and the weight savings are significant. Really nice setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.