Bendable tubing for bigger intake - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
Sponsored by: Vivid Racing

Bendable tubing for bigger intake

Old 02-18-2017, 03:55 PM

ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Bendable tubing for bigger intake

hi guys,
iam looking for the bendable tubings for the bigger intake. I want to buy them seperately. Anyone knows what brand/model these tubings are, what size and where to purchase Them?
thx in advance
Old 02-18-2017, 04:53 PM

32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute
try patcohydraulics.com they have all manner of bendable tubing
Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 PM

brnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond repute
I tried to do this as the Markski pipes are over priced despite his objections.. I never found a suitable solution and Markski doesn't sell the soft pipes separate. I wound up buying a set of Markski pipes second hand for $400 but there are no markings on the tubes so I still can't find them. They are 2.5 inch. I was going to try this but found the used pipes before I did: http://www.cleancraft.com/50ft-Vacuu...vh-c5025bl.htm
Old 02-18-2017, 06:55 PM

32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute32krazy! has a reputation beyond repute
Call patco. They have a large board on the wall with all kinds of bendable tubing sold by the foot
Old 02-18-2017, 08:56 PM

flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Any hose wholesale company carries it. 2.5 inch vacuum hose. Very cheap. Probably about 25 bucks or less in hose needed. I buy it all the time for equipment, nothing special.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:57 PM

Jeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond reputeJeanmarcboilard has a reputation beyond repute
Is regular vacuum hose able to withstand the heat an the rubbing?
Old 02-19-2017, 07:14 AM

flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanmarcboilard View Post
Is regular vacuum hose able to withstand the heat an the rubbing?
you'll need a medium grade vac hose. Typically they are a thicker and former hose. Inside is smoother as well. If you go to a local hose company they should have 3-4 options for you.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:37 PM

infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
We use hose like this at my work for running cables in, I will pull up what we use, it's very strong stuff. Looks identical to the markski stuff.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:20 PM

ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinkc View Post
We use hose like this at my work for running cables in, I will pull up what we use, it's very strong stuff. Looks identical to the markski stuff.
That would be awesome!
Old 02-20-2017, 11:10 PM

911mhawk is on a distinguished road
I did the Evoms kit with the larger intake flange welded on too and it's a PITA.
The hard tubes are bomb proof but even when you've test fit them with engine out, they change a little bit after it's in and around the subframe.
If you can do easier method with tubing that won't collapse under vacuum, let us know how it works out.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:29 AM

infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofpain View Post
That would be awesome!
I looked it up, its from Mcmaster.
5500K35 is for 2.5"
https://www.mcmaster.com/#5500k35/=16gbiy4

Last edited by infinkc; 02-21-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:33 AM

brnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond reputebrnrdtns has a reputation beyond repute
That grey for liquids stuff looks like what we need. Here is a pic of the Markski tubing. One of my tubes was damaged during removal and needs to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170221_102900.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	516.3 KB
ID:	470201  
Old 02-21-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnrdtns View Post
That grey for liquids stuff looks like what we need. Here is a pic of the Markski tubing. One of my tubes was damaged during removal and needs to be replaced.
Here is a pics of the stuff i linked in 2" looks identical in and out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3892.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	470202   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3894.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	470203  

Last edited by infinkc; 02-21-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:37 AM

That is it for sure. Thanks for the link!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:10 PM

r0nd3L is an unknown quantity at this point
How are you guys planning on connecting the hoses to MAF? Modify the stock merge?