996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How uncommon is Carrara White on 996TT in USA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
How uncommon is Carrara White on 996TT in USA?

OK, so we all call them unicorns but can anyone tell me how rare they actually are? Are the colors sold by year published anywhere? Thanks!

Old 08-04-2018, 10:50 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
They are only rare at just the time you are looking to buy one.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
They are only rare at just the time you are looking to buy one.
That's definitely true. I have heard the numbers 50 and 100 tossed around, but that includes Biarritz White, which was a 2001 only color. It would be nice to know the truth, if possible.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:18 PM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
Porsche dealers order colors that are the most popular for quick and easy sales. The metallic greys, silver and black are obviously the most popular. White was more popular on the Boxster, I think, I've had one since '01. White seems to show the lines of the car the best, black the worst.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:28 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
The list has been published here with the exact numbers of each color for each build year. Definitely way more than 100. I have two friends with white Turbo's here in Virginia.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Gunther
The list has been published here with the exact numbers of each color for each build year. Definitely way more than 100. I have two friends with white Turbo's here in Virginia.
Do you (or anyone) have a link to that? I'll keep trying to search for it.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:51 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Steve,

Unfortunately Porsche hasn't released this info to my knowledge.. I've seen it for 996 GT2s and GT3s, but nothing for the TT cars. Makes me wonder if they didnt track it for the relatively more common variants..

Old 08-06-2018, 10:57 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
FWIW, there are for sure 2 other white ones locally that I've seen around (a RUF car and another TT) and another for sale at Park Place. Not sure if they are Carrera or Biarritz though. White is definitely one of the less common colors on these, I cant tell you how many silver or black ones Ive seen around but the white ones always stand out in my memory.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
FWIW, there are for sure 2 other white ones locally that I've seen around (a RUF car and another TT) and another for sale at Park Place. Not sure if they are Carrera or Biarritz though. White is definitely one of the less common colors on these, I cant tell you how many silver or black ones Ive seen around but the white ones always stand out in my memory.
Interesting that Park Place has one currently, and I appreciate the information of course!

Old 08-07-2018, 06:41 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I tried to find it before I posted and could not find the post. Sorry about that.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Gunther
I tried to find it before I posted and could not find the post. Sorry about that.
No problem at all, just a bummer that this information isn't more carefully tracked (for all colors, not just this one). I suspected it would be tracked as Porsche is pretty good about that.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
No problem at all, just a bummer that this information isn't more carefully tracked (for all colors, not just this one). I suspected it would be tracked as Porsche is pretty good about that.
Not as easy as the Supra days for sure, where we could look at every model and color and break down... still dreaming of an RSP 6 speed haha.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
Not as easy as the Supra days for sure, where we could look at every model and color and break down... still dreaming of an RSP 6 speed haha.
Supra model by year break down has never been more sophisticated than today...definitely very useful for people shopping (and long time owners).