996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tune for stock X50

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 05:24 PM
toyotabike is on a distinguished road
Tune for stock X50

Is it worth spending money to have a stock X50 tuned? Will there be noticeable gains without adding an exhaust system?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, i will be very noticeable. Get a Cobb AP from Sambo at By Design Auto and he will take care of you. The tune is easy to load and unload if you want.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:28 AM
G-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to behold
^^^agreed

But just do an OTS tune for now. Then get a custom mafless tune once you add fender intakes, intercoolers and exhaust.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
I have an X50 with exhaust, 1 bar WG actuators, Forge intercoolers and a custom 1.1 bar tune from Sambo Via the Cobb AP. Can't imagine that i need more power, all i could wish for was a little quicker spool. On the track i hold my own with the 600+ hp vetts. While they are managing wheel spin in the lower gears i am pedal to the metal and pulling away, they reel me back in by the end of the straight though.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Wow, sounds like a tune alone will be a lot of bang for the buck. Would 50hp and 50 lb tq be a reasonable expectation?

Old 08-15-2018, 04:48 PM
I think so. Sams the man @Bydesign Auto check with him for a real answer.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:52 AM
rickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud of
Go for it !
SAM IS THE MAN for the job..

Old 08-16-2018, 08:47 AM
You guys would use Sam over Markski for the tune?

Old 08-16-2018, 09:49 AM
Can't go wrong with ether one. I chose Sambo because he is left coast

Old 08-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
I’m east coast and have a sam tune. It literally doesn’t matter what coat you are because many times I’ve data logged and had a updated tune within 10 minutes.

awesome stuff! Very happy

Old 08-19-2018, 12:09 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hi gentlemen. Thank you for the support everyone. Off-the-shelf software alone will get you almost 70 hp and on some cars more. Custom tuning allows us to take it vantage of the exhaust and specific configuration. Of course also all the benefits you get from dialing in a specific car and our awesome MAFless System that people love. I would love to have the opportunity to set you up. We can do forum pricing and you’ll have my full guarantee! Feel free to reach out anytime
I am interested! I have an X50 cab with 23k. While I didn’t buy it to store for sell later I also don’t want to significantly diminish its value. Does the tune impact?

What part of CA are you in? Pls PM me.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:17 PM
mrthree is a glorious beacon of lightmrthree is a glorious beacon of lightmrthree is a glorious beacon of lightmrthree is a glorious beacon of lightmrthree is a glorious beacon of lightmrthree is a glorious beacon of light
Another plug for Sam. The best of the best of the best. His tunes are flawless. Don't hesitate; go and order now.