996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Going to be a global suspension refresh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 10:25 AM
wab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud of
Going to be a global suspension refresh

Ordered front & rear complete suspension refresh parts from Germany headquartered, now made in Asia-China & Taiwan- Meyle. I’m hoping that this sticker is more than marketing...

Old 03-08-2019, 09:02 AM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
I just bought all the same stuff plus strut top mounts and tie rod pieces. I know my alignment show isn't going to be thrilled when I bring them all the parts, but the range in pricing is staggering.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
What does the kit include and what does it cost?

Old 03-08-2019, 10:45 AM
wab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud ofwab_jr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by techweenie
I just bought all the same stuff plus strut top mounts and tie rod pieces. I know my alignment show isn't going to be thrilled when I bring them all the parts, but the range in pricing is staggering.
indeed there is. I agonized over Porsche branded but after many counseling sessions with my friend who was trained by Porsche in the 996 generation, I was comfortable with this recommendation and the cost savings.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Third-Reef
What does the kit include and what does it cost?
its not a “kit” per se. Using the Porsche parts catalog,
https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/pet/porsche/996t/23/ I assembled all the bits.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
How many miles? Let us know how much of an improvement it is. I have 95K on my car and it seems pretty tight still. Wondering how much difference a new set of lower control arms and rod ends would make.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:25 PM
How many miles? Let us know how much of an improvement it is. I have 95K on my car and it seems pretty tight still. Wondering how much difference a new set of lower control arms and rod ends would make.
Car shows 38,000 but who knows if the suspension elements are original or not. I’m changing out everything suspension wise to a x73 suspension package but using b8’s instead of the insanely priced Porsche struts that are approx $950/each. keeping the
TRG sway bar links & upgraded sway bars that were on the car when I bought it. Had JIC Magic coilovers with adjustable camber plates plus monoball mounts in the rear- way too stiff for what I want to use this car for (at least for now...).

Old 03-08-2019, 02:45 PM
I have the H&R springs with B8s shimmed to raise it about 6-8mm. with Eibach sways set in the middle and solid thrust bushings in the rear. Seems to be a good compromise of street and track. I think you will like the B8s with the X73 springs.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:35 PM
I have the H&R springs with B8s shimmed to raise it about 6-8mm. with Eibach sways set in the middle and solid thrust bushings in the rear. Seems to be a good compromise of street and track. I think you will like the B8s with the X73 springs.
I am hoping so. As my buddy told me, you need to learn to be the boss with her, not the other way around, before you try to make it faster!
So HPDE’s will be my first “mod”.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:08 PM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
How did you shim your setup. Might be interested. I have same springs and dampers and its just a tad too low.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:29 PM
I used big drilled out fender washers over the three studs to space the top hat down away from the body. I think mine were .19" thick. Raised the car about that amount.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by vogz
How did you shim your setup. Might be interested. I have same springs and dampers and its just a tad too low.
That’s yet to be determined. I hope to get the last bits,all new hardware and the updated trans mount delivered this week. Once all collected, then she’s off to the “fitness spa”. Bathing suit season is rapidly approaching!

Old 03-11-2019, 12:46 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Can you break down part numbers and where you sources, may be good for reference, I'm thinking about doing this.

Thanks.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:40 PM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
I used big drilled out fender washers over the three studs to space the top hat down away from the body. I think mine were .19" thick. Raised the car about that amount.
Thanks! I assume you did this before getting an alignment?

Old 03-11-2019, 09:43 PM
I did shocks, springs, front top hats, rear solid thrust bushing, Porsche RS motor mounts, window weld trans mount and GT3 rear cross member all at the same time. I aligned it myself. So far I have 1 track day and 26K commute miles on my PS2s. Still look decent, getting a little slippery in the rain though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going to be a global suspension refresh