996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 09:33 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Parts number please Stephen (after all, IMO you are the parts number guru)

Old 12-07-2003, 09:33 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I will get you the part numbers. I have to run up to work. I will get them then unless someone post them before I get back.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Stephen, one more Q...The PSS-9 on the Sharkster is the US or Euro version??

Old 12-07-2003, 10:06 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
US

Old 12-07-2003, 10:23 AM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by PorschePhD
US

Stephen, where can I get the PSS9s and How much? Thanks

Old 12-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Stephen - what are the exact differences between the US and Euro PSS-9??

Old 12-07-2003, 10:44 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Here sharkster:

Last edited by cjv; 12-07-2003 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:45 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Ah yes, Duane's Kevin did those too. Those are bad boys indeed.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:55 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yeps, you did find a lot there that had to be fixed up by you. I'm now in your camp about taking the car to the dealer. If it can be done at home, do it, think twice, no three times before taking it to a dealer

Old 12-07-2003, 10:56 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Yes sharkster, the pics are Duane's.

Kevin, looks like you have been busy since we talked at my house. Looks like you and Stephen did a very good job.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:58 AM
When are mine coming??
Kevin check yo e-mail...

Old 12-07-2003, 10:59 AM
They worked day and night and even when they weren't here were busy designing stuff like brackets and the nifty tranny cooler (more on that soon).

Old 12-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Heya Kevin, I'm digging around for the tranny cooler pix but can't find them yet. I think we used Stephen's camera for those and the ATF lines? Let's see if Stephen has those. I know you guys worked real hard on putting that together but for those of us with modded-Tiptronics, it really does give us the cushion of being able to run our cars hard at the track without loosing power. That had to be one of my favorite mods

Old 12-07-2003, 12:55 PM
cjv
Kevin, I really mean it when I say I really enjoyed talking Porsche's with you. You are one person who I just want to listen to. Your knowledge is very extensive and I was very impressed with the fact you were willing to answer all my questions. You held back nothing for which I was very grateful. The best of luck with whatever you persue and again, you and Stephen did a great job with sharkster's car. Thanks again.

Old 12-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Jack(LA) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by msindi
Looking good sharky...
Just to clarify more confusion on brakes: There are currently 2 types of 8-piston kits offered for the 996TT from Brembo. The first is the Grand Turismo kit like I have on my car with cross-drilled rotors and I believe aluminium calipers. The second is the Brembo Gran Turismo RACE brakes which are the ones on the Sharktronic (TM) in this thread. Note taht these are what has previously been referrred to as the 'Le Mans' system which is false advertising and a nomenclature Brembo never used for this system since no car in Le Mans really run these...I think the whole 'Le Mans' thing started here or on the M5 forum. Either way, this is from here on the GT race system. This is further supported by the following list of systems form the brembo site (scroll down to Porsche ) http://www.brembo.com/applist/Brembo...ice%20List.pdf
IMHO, the only negative aspect to the GT setup currently for street use is the lack of dust shields for the caliper pistons. This is no biggie in a racing context due to the increased maintenance schedules/procedures followed by race teams. Just be prepared to have the caliper pistons serviced more frequently when using this great braking setup. BTW, Brembo has just announced that early next year there will be GT 8 and 4 piston calipers available with dust shields.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown