996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Alignment Specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 02:22 PM
gadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to all
I now have both solid LCA TA bushings and monoball bearings, so all set there. My toe is set right now to 13.2' and 13.8'. From what the shop said, the camber is minimized (-2.6D and -2.3D) the best it can without more adjustability. The car feels great if a little quicker when changing lanes. To get camber back in spec I'll look into the adjustable toe links.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:51 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gadangit
I now have both solid LCA TA bushings and monoball bearings, so all set there. My toe is set right now to 13.2' and 13.8'. From what the shop said, the camber is minimized (-2.6D and -2.3D) the best it can without more adjustability. The car feels great if a little quicker when changing lanes. To get camber back in spec I'll look into the adjustable toe links.
I'm a little skeptical that they can't give you less camber with the OEM eccentrics. You would have to be running super low for that to be an issue. Your toe is a little on the low side, right at 15' /side is ideal. The toe arms I posted are Porsche Motorsport arms only available through PM. I have several extra sets on the shelf if you decide to go that route. Cheers...

Old 05-01-2019, 08:08 AM
gadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to all
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
I'm a little skeptical that they can't give you less camber with the OEM eccentrics. You would have to be running super low for that to be an issue. Your toe is a little on the low side, right at 15' /side is ideal. The toe arms I posted are Porsche Motorsport arms only available through PM. I have several extra sets on the shelf if you decide to go that route. Cheers...
It is a indy shop in Houston that came recommended by a long time poster here on 6speed. Lots of of Ferraris and Porsches around getting worked on, so I have no reason to doubt their work.

I just measured the rear height again last night: L 149mm and R 140mm. About one inch lower than stock TT.

Chris

Old 05-01-2019, 05:59 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gadangit
It is a indy shop in Houston that came recommended by a long time poster here on 6speed. Lots of of Ferraris and Porsches around getting worked on, so I have no reason to doubt their work.

I just measured the rear height again last night: L 149mm and R 140mm. About one inch lower than stock TT.

Chris
Something doesn't jive. First of all your ride height should not be 10mm off side to side. That's a huge disparity. Secondly, at the relatively hight ride height you are at, you should have zero issue with setting camber at less than where you're at. You can quickly glance at the camber eccentrics and that will tell you a lot.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Aside from install issues... If you are lowered and having trouble with camber adjustment - the Elephant Racing camber plates allow for three times the range that the OEM plates provide. I have PSS10s and have been able to easily align to EOM specifications after removing my Tarrett plates and replacing with Elephant.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Slider
Aside from install issues... If you are lowered and having trouble with camber adjustment - the Elephant Racing camber plates allow for three times the range that the OEM plates provide. I have PSS10s and have been able to easily align to EOM specifications after removing my Tarrett plates and replacing with Elephant.
Pretty sure the fronts are just fine, no deviations from proper alignment. Tires wear normally as well.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Something doesn't jive. First of all your ride height should not be 10mm off side to side. That's a huge disparity. Secondly, at the relatively hight ride height you are at, you should have zero issue with setting camber at less than where you're at. You can quickly glance at the camber eccentrics and that will tell you a lot.
I figured the ride height was too far out. I specifically checked prior to the alignment both to get the car height in the rear as high as the coilover adjustment would allow, so the only thing I can think of is I did it wrong or it changed after the bushings and monoball bearings were installed. I also replaced the tires, one side being more worn than the other. Not sure if any of that contributes.

Picture of the left LCA eccentric. I've quickly glanced and then stared for longer. It appears that the bolt is as far to the right as it can get, indicating the least amount of camber possible. Am I seeing that correctly? That double hole milling that the eccentric washer sits in is confusing me.