996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dyno Numbers Are In: A Lesson In Power Under The Curve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:54 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Dyno Numbers Are In: A Lesson In Power Under The Curve

Well, first the bad news. No RWD numbers. The car lit up like a Christmas tree with PSM/ABS/CEL. It did not like RWD. I had my laptop and cleared codes , but no luck. So we strapped it down in AWD and let 'er rip... and rip it did. the AWHP numbers were 510.8HP and AWTQ was 565.4TQ. Pretty strong torque curve... guess that explains the 128+ trap. Using EVO's loss factor of 18.5% for an AWD run the FWHP is 627HP and 694TQ. Kevin's programming is phenomenal. HP is great but the useable TQ tells the tale. I have posted the run log as well in 100rpm increments.Flywheel TQ at 3K RPM is 465 and at 3500RPM it is 584.The dyno tech also put in a thermocouple in the IC inlet to measure the heat Delta. 67deg to start 180 degrees 10 sec later. I held my hand over the inlet and it felt like a hairdryer. This was my street 1.25+ bar file with 4 gal of GT104 unleaded. The scary part of this whole day is the knowledge that Kevin, as we speak, is uploading my 1/4 mile, 100 octane file that can only be used 1320ft at a time- no street, no roadcourse... just the 1/4 mile into my Pocket Programmer. The results speak for themselves. Kevin

Attached Images     
Old 10-24-2006, 04:04 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Wow, absolutely great numbers! Why do you think that the car didn't like the RWD config, where as some other guys are running it just fine?

Old 10-24-2006, 04:06 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3CAB
Wow, absolutely great numbers! Why do you think that the car didn't like the RWD config, where as some other guys are running it just fine?
It ran fine driving to the dyno, spinning wheels in the rain. It did not like the rear wheels doing 100mph and the fronts not moving. Kevin

Old 10-24-2006, 04:08 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Gotcha...makes sense! So it was fine until you went to dyno her. How did the car drive when you drove there in rwd? Did it feel more powerful and was the steering more crisp? Thanks.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by M3CAB
Gotcha...makes sense! So it was fine until you went to dyno her. How did the car drive when you drove there in rwd? Did it feel more powerful and was the steering more crisp? Thanks.
Steering is much lighter and it spun the rears like never before.... still not sure if I like it or not. It is AWD now. Kevin

Old 10-24-2006, 04:14 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I will let the experts tell you what they dont like about the numbers
but that is one B E A U T I F U L torque curve with big torgue numbers
EARLY, Nice!!!

congrats,

Marty K.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:16 PM
I have to say that those numbers are great...."Using EVO's loss factor of 18.5% for an AWD run FWHP is 627HP and 694TQ". I am very impressed. Glad all went well with the programming and dyno results.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:20 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I will let the experts tell you what they dont like about the numbers
but that is one B E A U T I F U L torque curve with big torgue numbers
EARLY, Nice!!!

congrats,

Marty K.
M3Cab and Marty... thanks for the good words. Just wait for the 1/4mile file Kevin

Old 10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
wow...that is some real world, no bull#$t power. Very nice indeed. Have you dynod it on pump gas? I only ask because Ill never probably use race gas, so Id like to see what it has on that.

Do you have any problem hooking up that power with your clutch? I've heard that clutch is good for about 600hp.

Last edited by maxwell; 10-24-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:32 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Now that's one fat curve. I am so very impress.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
VERY nice, Kevin. Those are some outstanding numbers!

Old 10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Great stuff and congrats!!!

Old 10-24-2006, 04:45 PM
KPG
Maxwell, Vincent, Scott and Alex .... thanks. The dyno tech Rich, who is a 6speeder and a 996TT owner as well, was very impressed. He actually had a dyno run of his car when it was stock and overlayed it on my graphs and it looked like a flat country road leading to the mountains..... now for the 1/4 file Kevin

Old 10-24-2006, 05:15 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin
Can you post a better view of the two data sheets.Thanks

Old 10-24-2006, 05:18 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Kevin
Can you post a better view of the two data sheets.Thanks
Describe better view? The dyno or the run log. The run log was originally a 1.2mb file and got blurry on the shrink down. PM me I can email the two original files. Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Numbers Are In: A Lesson In Power Under The Curve