996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Shift Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:56 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
John
Was it easy to install???

Old 12-05-2006, 01:40 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John D II
Thanks, JWC. Found it...

Redridge - that's what I was thinking, too. I'm looking for something small to fit in that spot.
I had this exact light in my Z06... really great light. I just ordered one for my turbo... did you hook it up to a coil or did you find the tach signal wire? What about power? I'm pretty excited about hooking it up!

BTW... I drive a GTO daily also... I bought my wife a new M5... after driving that thing, I'm trying to figure out why I drive the GTO (I do love a rumbling Chevy though).

Seth.

Last edited by SlowMotion; 12-05-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:03 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Yes, the installation is very easy (thanks to Todd K at Protomotive) . Without his guidance, it would have been a chore. I picked up the tach signal from the tach signal leading to the OBD2 port. The install is really a piece of cake: 1 red wire to power, 1 black wire to ground and 1 green wire spliced to the violet/green tach lead just above the OBD2 port. It couldn't be much easier...and like Seth says - it really is a great light. I love driving the car with it. I tried the black cover with the small hole during the day and it is still highly visable. I'll post a picture later - I like it a lot better with the small light opening - for me it's just right.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks John.
Any install pics?

Old 12-05-2006, 02:30 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
No, only the completed install photos above.

The violet/green wire is easy to spot. Just buy a tap connector that you place on the wire you wish to tap and the new wire and squeeze to make the connection. No cutting or stripping of the wire is required.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
JWC
JWC will become famous soon enough
John glad you like the light. I am glad Todd helped with the wiring. Told you they were bright.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
i want one where do i find them????

Old 12-05-2006, 08:09 PM
JWC
You can find them on ebay.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Steve,

I got mine directly from the company...http://www.raptorperformance.com/

They run $85, plus $7 for shipping. Very good deal for what it does.

Here's the picture of the smaller display I fabricated - even at this size it is extremely bright in full daylight and is perfect at night.

Last edited by John D; 12-06-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by steve harris
i want one where do i find them????
www.raptorperformance.com

I just ordered one, and they are making it with Orange lights for me (I thought it would match the dash lights better).

Seth.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
I have been corresponding with a company who says they will build a shift indicator with a bright red LED that be placed in a remote location. I am thinking to hide the internals that control the light activator and place the LED in the rear view mirror, perhaps even replacing the green LED that now resides there. I have been holding off on ordering anything that looks like an add-on as I wish to keep my car as original looking as possible. they have lead me to believe they will have something for me sometime next month.

Al

Old 01-19-2007, 11:59 PM
ND4SPED is on a distinguished road
I just installed this shift light
Check it out here
http://www.datatool.co.uk/consumer/p...oduct=revlight

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ND4SPED
I just installed this shift light
Check it out here
Your link is broken. Here it is:

Old 01-22-2007, 02:18 AM
lei
lei is on a distinguished road
where can i buy this from?

Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 AM
JWC
Which light are you looking for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shift Lights